We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Honolulu- accommodation options

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
9 posts
54 reviews
12 helpful votes
Christmas in Honolulu- accommodation options

So I’m actually from Hawaii, and grew up in McCully. I go back every year to visit my family, who live in McCully and Palolo Valley, and I usually stay with my brother in Palolo Valley, but this year my boyfriend is coming and we need to find a place to stay. I was looking at Airbnb, as hotels during the week of Christmas are quite expensive, and I’d prefer not to stay in the madness that is Waikiki, but then I read on this forum that most Airbnb options are illegal. Any advice on a reasonably priced ($200-300 a night) nice place, maybe in some local neighborhood? We’re renting a car so need parking as well. Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
51,736 posts
19 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: Christmas in Honolulu- accommodation options

I would look for a legitimate bed and breakfast. Have you scanned those?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
7,355 posts
20 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Christmas in Honolulu- accommodation options

See about renting a 1brm condo in the Waikiki Banyan. It is pretty convenient to McCully. It's down by the zoo end of Waikiki - no "madness"! And parking is included in many cases.

Try Koko Resorts and Captain Cook.

https://www.kokoresorts.com/

https:/…

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
56,328 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Christmas in Honolulu- accommodation options

"In a neighborhood somewhere" would mean that the chances of finding a legally permitted vacation rental is slim to none. Air B&B, outside the zoned areas, aren't the only company that books illegal rentals. Look for something on the canal side of Waikiki up by McCully, much closer than the zoo side!!

When we book Waikiki for the Christmas holidays we book the April before. Not only for descent prices but for a larger choice of accommodations. It's really late in the game at this point.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
28 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Christmas in Honolulu- accommodation options

The rental companies I have listed below have hundreds of legal, registered, licensed holiday accommodation properties in Honolulu.

Check out their web sites here below. I have seen dozens of fantastic properties advertised here. Most of them have kitchen facilities, swimming pools, balconies, washing machines and clothes dryers. Some properties are 1 bedroom and some are 2 bedroom and some even have free parking for your car. I hope this helps you :)

www.waikikibeachrentals.com

www.kokoresorts.com

www.aliibeachrentals.com

www.captaincookresorts.com

Reply to: Christmas in Honolulu- accommodation options
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted