We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings in Oahu

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
16 reviews
3 helpful votes
Weddings in Oahu

Planning a small wedding in Oahu on the beach. Would like it to be all-inclusive. Is it better to have hotel as venue or somewhere close by .

5 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
51,747 posts
19 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: Weddings in Oahu

You want an all-inclusive hotel (which don't exist) ... or a package wedding?

Also - do you want the wedding in Honolulu (you've posted on the sub-Forum for Honolulu) ... or are other sites on Oahu OK?

Have you scrolled down this Forum (the Island of Oahu Forum) ... and scanned for ideas? We get a lot of wedding questions.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
56,347 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Weddings in Oahu

All beaches in Hawaii are public. There is nowhere that would be "all inclusive."

Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
3. Re: Weddings in Oahu

Wedding packages through the hotels can be very expensive. But if you have the budget that would be nice. But there are many wedding event planners on Oahu with many different options for small and reasonable weddings on the beach. I watched a beautiful, small beach Wedding at Ala Moana Beach recently. It included someone officiating, a photographer and another man playing the ukulele while about 6 people stood around the wedding couple on the beach. It was small, simple and wonderful. If I were to marry, it’d like something similar .... followed by a great meal (Azure would be my choice).

If you google Waikiki Beach Weddings you’ll find a lot of options to help you get started.

Dorset
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
9 helpful votes
4. Re: Weddings in Oahu

We’ve just got back from getting married in Oahu. We stayed in Waikiki and used weddings of Hawaii to organise everything for us. We got married on Waimanalo beach and they sorted the licence for the beach, the officiant, the flowers, the limo, the photographer and my hair and makeup. They were absolutely brilliant and although I could probably have organised it cheaper myself, they took all the stress out of it. The limo dropped us back in Waikiki at the restaurant we had booked for lunch and we enjoyed the rest of our perfect day. I am so pleased we did it the way we did and can’t recommend it highly enough

Sydney
Level Contributor
241 posts
81 reviews
32 helpful votes
5. Re: Weddings in Oahu

I also got married there and did a package through Westin resorts and held it at the Moana Surfrider Hotel. While it was expensive I couldn't have asked for a better day. Everything was organised from the flowers to the photographer and celebrant. The only real legwork I had to do myself was get the marriage licence when we landed. The ceremony was on an open balcony overlooking the beach and the reception was also beach views. What I did like is that I am a regular at the Hotel and there was a few hours gap between the ceremony and reception so they invited us to the Beach Bar for refreshments beforehand and welcomed us in with music etc and laid on the cocktails and snacks. It was nice little touch that we didn't expect.

Reply to: Weddings in Oahu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted