We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
697 posts
31 reviews
87 helpful votes
Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

Just returned from my 2nd trip to this flea market, right in downtown Waikiki!

A lot of people, dont know that it exists, because you have to go down an alley, right on Kuhio St. No markings are visible. It is right next to the Food Hall, at 2300 Kuhio.

The stalls go on forever. And, you can negotiate. I just bought 8 really nice t-shirts for $20 and some really cute and inexpensive jewellery for my granddaughters.

The vendors we spoke to said they were disappointed that more people didn't shop there, and that it was because most people didn't know about it.

I urge you to check it out. You will be pleasantly surprised. Going back again on Friday.

19 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
361 reviews
466 helpful votes
1. Re: Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

I agree it is best to negotiate as a ring I was looking at went from $30 to $10 as i walked away from the stall.

Here is a link to reviews

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Re…

Maryland
Level Contributor
363 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

We found out about this gem,when my fiance admired a necklace from one of the staff at our hotel. We wish we had known about it after over spending at various ABC stores. Now we know!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
56,480 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

Glad you found it. It's been there for years and years. Harder to find now that the International Market Place has been re-done.

Dallas
Level Contributor
29,682 posts
85 reviews
49 helpful votes
4. Re: Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

People should know that it is called Duke's Marketplace not Flea Market and it can be located on Kalakaua Avenue at Duke's Lane. It is basically where the Outrigger Waikiki Beachcomber hotel drive entrance is located and runs all the way thru to Kuhio.

Maryland
Level Contributor
363 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

I think she was just referring to the atmosphere as a flea market feel. I've been to straw markets in Jamaica and The Bahamas, to me it has the same type of feeling.One thing is different in Hawaii they don't give you a headache with people practically begging you to buy from them.😂😂😂 I've said seriously I'm not going to the straw market again!😤

Ottawa
Level Contributor
697 posts
31 reviews
87 helpful votes
6. Re: Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

It is a flea ,arlet in Canada, so that is my terminology.

Whatever you want to call it, it is a great place for souvenir shopping at a reasonable price

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
361 reviews
466 helpful votes
7. Re: Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

I knew what you meant, we speak a similar language

Ottawa
Level Contributor
697 posts
31 reviews
87 helpful votes
8. Re: Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

If only I could spell! 😊

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,567 posts
41 reviews
236 helpful votes
9. Re: Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

Placebets was posting the proper name, Duke's Marketplace, to help others, otherwise no one is going to find this jewel of a place by the flea market name.

It really is quite amazing, it is an entire alley of vendors that goes from one street to another. I hope more people discover it. You'l love it! At the other end you'll find the Marriott Laylow next door, as well as Ono Burgers, and Marakume Udon across the street.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

Ottawa
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!

Sweet - we're headed there this summer, so will be sure to make a stop there. I'm also from Ottawa :) I know what you mean by a flea market.

Reply to: Dukes Flea Market...You gotta go!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted