We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween in Honolulu

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
239 reviews
401 helpful votes
Halloween in Honolulu

Turns out that we will be in Honolulu (Waikiki) on Halloween this year. What kind of festivities go on? We are from Salem, MA so we are used to making a big deal out of Halloween every year.

10 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
928 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Halloween in Honolulu

Google is our friend. Hope this helps. https:/…

Maui
Level Contributor
76,926 posts
18 reviews
16 helpful votes
2. Re: Halloween in Honolulu

That was from 2016......there aren't any published plans/events for 2019 yet.

Waikiki always has a huge costume "event" and street party type thing though.

California
Level Contributor
51,800 posts
19 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: Halloween in Honolulu

The Honolulu newspaper is the StarAdvertiser. Pick one up daily at an ABC Store for info about events.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
56,413 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Halloween in Honolulu

There will be parties at the hotels and bars. Folks dress in costume and walk up and down Kalakaua Ave. even just people watching that night is a lot of fun!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
928 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Halloween in Honolulu

However, akama, it was published Wednesday, March 27, 2019. Very current. Plus, Google had about 200 other links.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
30,631 posts
6. Re: Halloween in Honolulu

Aloha,

Expect about 30 to 40 thousand fun seekers from all over the planet.

Maui
Level Contributor
76,926 posts
18 reviews
16 helpful votes
7. Re: Halloween in Honolulu

No, your search results were today's date. Not the article date.

All the info in it is horribly outdated. It was 'updated' on October 16, 2016.

Edited: 12:21 am, March 28, 2019
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
8. Re: Halloween in Honolulu

I used to go to Waikiki for Halloween ever year for several years in a row. It is great fun. The big event is just dressing in costume and walking up and down Kalakaua Ave on Halloween night. It will be crowded and full of both people in costume walking up and down the street as well as people not in costume who walk around taking pictures of people in costume.

Also, they have a different street party in China Town (normally the weekend before Halloween). It is called "Hallowbaloo". They close off several streets in China Town. Their are food booths set up and several stages at different ends of the streets with live music playing. And again, many people in costume and others not in costume but taking pictures of people in costumes.

Beyond those two events, there are also some haunted houses and haunted events you can pay to walk through ... I've not gone to any of those ... but I've done the Hallowbaloo and street walking Kalakaua many times. It is a good time.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
928 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
9. Re: Halloween in Honolulu

akama: Ok, so it is outdated. My point is that by using Google, you'll find current information.

Pitt Meadows...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
10. Re: Halloween in Honolulu

I googled and was unable to find anything current, I would assume the OP tried google and was also unable to find anything current hence their reason for asking here. Every question on TA could potentially be answered with ' just google it'.

Reply to: Halloween in Honolulu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted