We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret island/dock

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
15 reviews
8 helpful votes
Secret island/dock

Hi there

Travelling to Oahu in a month and would love to take some photos on the dock on Secret Island

I know there is a tour ran by Kuoala Ranch that goes here but I am not looking to do any of the activities...just want to see the dock

If anyone knows how to get here on your own- without the tour/boat- I would greatly appreciate any tips!!

Thank you!

9 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
51,734 posts
19 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: Secret island/dock

Well, you're on the Honolulu sub-Forum ... so I need to ask "do you know that Kualoa Ranch is on the opposite side of the Island from Honolulu?"

Also - I think that Secret Island is part of/owned by Kualoa Ranch ... and if that's the case, they may be your only access point.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
7,355 posts
20 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Secret island/dock

Why not call Kualoa Ranch and simply ask them? You may be surprised at what they will do for you~~~~~~

State College...
Level Contributor
205 posts
37 reviews
69 helpful votes
3. Re: Secret island/dock

Kualoa Ranch did away with the tours that went to the pier overlooking the ancient fish pond. There’s no way to see it anymore. They also have a guard that walks around and will tell you to leave if you get to the pier through secret island. I know people that work there.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
954 posts
184 reviews
479 helpful votes
4. Re: Secret island/dock

They did away with tours there? I did one in January that visited the dock. Is this a recent change?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
56,321 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Secret island/dock

You might be able to access it by walking the shoreline. Start on the far side of Kualoa Regional Park, closest to the ranch. If you stay there, you won't be on any private land. I don't know how easy or hard that would be to do. No beach or shoreline in Hawaii is private.

State College...
Level Contributor
205 posts
37 reviews
69 helpful votes
6. Re: Secret island/dock

It is a recent change that went into affect last month. You can definitely walk the beach as suggested but getting to stand on the pier will be tough as a guard is there and the pier is private property.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
7. Re: Secret island/dock

I was wondering the same so you have to pay the $100 plus for a family to get to get into Secret Island and spend the day and then you can see the dock right?

State College...
Level Contributor
205 posts
37 reviews
69 helpful votes
8. Re: Secret island/dock

No they did away with the dock part of the tour all together. They take you on a boat that will go by the dock but that’s it. The boat then takes you to secret island. I know someone that works there and was told this first hand.

Averill Park, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Secret island/dock

New kayak tour takes you to the dock. Debating on booking this tour, but it doesn't look like you get to get off at chinamans hat, which I was looking to do.

From their website: "You’ll go out to see Mokoli’i Island (Chinaman’s Hat) up close, stop at Secret Island and explore the famous “dock” (which is Kualoa’s most photographed and posted selfie spot on Instagram), and head out to our mini-sand bar which is usually just ankle to knee deep, for some unique picture taking opportunities."

Reply to: Secret island/dock
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted