We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction at Embassy

flynhigh
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Construction at Embassy

We leave for Oahu in two weeks (I am so excited) and I have read that the constrcution noise from Trump tower is going to be quite loud; does anyone know if it has started yet and I should be concerned? We are traveling with our three children and I don't want to listen to that noise all day.

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction at Embassy

We have just returned from honolulu and we stayed at the Embassy Suites. Yes the trump tower construction has started and it starts at about 5.30 am!!!!! But it depends where your room is and if you are a light sleeper. I was the only one who woke up , the kids slept through the noise.

I had requested, by phone over a month before we went for a room on a higher level for this very reason. We did check in at midnight, our suite was on the 7 floor overlooking the pool & the trump tower, i phone the front desk and was told that there was only a room on level 11 and faced the street with no ocean view, so we kept the room.

The following morning at breakfast, which is wonderful, a member of staff mentioned that the hotel was only 40% full!!!!!!

Just wonder how suites are allocated!!!...

The pool by the way is on the fourth floor so we were only 3 levels higher. And you can hear the construction poolside.

Have a wonderful trip.

mrsdj

flynhigh
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction at Embassy

Thanks for the info on the Trump Tower. I was a little concerned about staying here because I knew the construction was due to start soon. We have an ocean view room reserved so hopefully, it won't be too bad. It is Hawaii after all !!!!!

Are the new shops around the hotel open yet and what are they?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction at Embassy

Miller 5

Most of the shops are open there are about three restaurants we only went to The Yard House. What we did on this night was while we were having our free drinks at the managers reception i walked down and put our name on the list, they give you a buzzer that lights up when the table is ready. Our wait was about 25 minutes so we didnt have to hang around the restaurant. This restaurant has over 120 beers on tap and is always filled with people. The meal was ok but i would not suggest having the turkey burger!

Just enjoy the place is brand new, the rooms are big enough, breakfast made to order omletes, and free drinks at 5.30. In some ways we were lucky that the hotel was not full, as it was easier to get breakfast and there was plenty of room arounf the pool.

Enjoy and let me know how your stay was.

mrsdj

Mentioned in this post
Yard House
Yard House
2,858 Reviews
Oahu, HI
California
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction at Embassy

Our family will be staying at the Waikik Embassy Suites in September and I am also concerned about the construction noise. When you return from your vacation, I would appreciate any advise about your stay, especially your thoughts about the hotel. I still have a little time before our vacation and if the noise level is too loud, I may still have time to chance hotels.

Thanks

5. Re: Construction at Embassy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 01, 2009