We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

Aloha! Currently we have reserved Ocean Front Room. But all of their Ocean Front rooms is a connecting room. I am a bit worried about noise from next door.....

Also Ocean Front rooms start from the second floor (2-10th). If we get a room at the lower floor,

palm trees on the beach would be blocking the view? So, I dig a little harder. Diamond Head Ocean View rooms are starting from the 5th floor (but this room also is a connecting room). This room might be a better choice if we want a better view of both Diamond Head and ocean view. I am a bit embarrassed about my concerns over rooms. But we would like to enjoy the hotel when we spend

a pretty good amount of money.... bear with me please!

Mahalo!

Mentioned in this post
Aloha Hawaii Tours
Aloha Hawaii Tours
1,340 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
153 Reviews
Oahu, HI
19 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
268 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

Hi - we have stayed in the ocean front several times - I have never even noticed a connecting door that I can remember lol - so it must not have ever caused us a problem with noise or disturbance. The view is spectacular and we have never had anything block it - although we have always ended up on the 4th floor or higher. ☺️

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,022 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

There will be two doors, one from each room. So, it's not just the one,

You could put pool towels under the crack if you're worried about sound coming through.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,022 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

As always, if your neighbors are loud, call the front desk to report.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,111 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

How about talking to the hotel and requesting a room on the highest floor. I've done that successfully in the past (not at Reef but other Waikiki hotels). Just nicely ask for a room on the highest floor available in your price category. Can't hurt to make the request :)

Edited: 1:26 pm, September 12, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Dallas
Level Contributor
26,377 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

I'm not sure how you know it is a connecting room if you are not even there yet. It is really hard to get connecting rooms sometimes even when we want one, and the hotels will not guarantee until you get there and the room is assigned.

So how do you know it is a connecting room?

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,022 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

The OP must have read it on the OR's website.

Dallas
Level Contributor
26,377 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

But does it say everyone will have connecting rooms ?

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,022 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

Apparently, for that category.

I haven't looked it up online, but I'm assuming that she read it there or that they told her so.

If she got it from some unofficial source, then she needs to call/email the OR to find out if it was accurate.

I wouldn't worry about it, for myself. But, it seems to be a real concern for the OP.

I also don't think that the two doors necessarily block less noise than a solid wall. But, if so, I've used the beach towel trick successfully in the past.

Again, if the folks next door are loud, call and report it.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

Hi placebets,

I was told that all of the OF rooms are a connecting room..... by the hotel over the phone. I can make a request

to be assigned a room on higher floor but not non- connecting room on the category. Ummmm.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?

Hi Jet83,

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I was told by the hotel over the phone that all of OF rooms are connecting rooms. Just in case, if any noise coming through the doors, I try the towel trick.

Reply to: Outrigger Reef room choice OF or Diamond Head OV?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted