We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Jetstar as a Qantas passenger

melbourne
12 posts
Save Topic
Flying Jetstar as a Qantas passenger

Hi

Has anyone flown this way and if so can you give me some feed back. I was told you get all the services of Qantas ie Food and entertainment. It was the cheapest fare I could get $1080 return inculding taxes for april

Any info would be great

Sydney
Level Contributor
66 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Jetstar as a Qantas passenger

Hi AussieDad,

My friend flew jetstar and found them to be fine- only thing was she had to pay for her food on top of the airfare- which was fine- considering the fare was cheap.

I was going to suggest flying with hawaiian airlines (because they are pretty cheap also- i booked a return flight for $1040 incl taxes) but i realised that you were in melbourne.

Adelaide South...
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Jetstar as a Qantas passenger

If you book a Jetstar flight as a Qantas Code Share (Ie, you pay Qantas the money for the booking and get a Qantas Flight number), they include the food and beverage package into the flight cost.

If you book it directly from Jetstar, you will have the option to add food and drink, entertainment and comfort packs seperately for additional cost.

If you choose not to take any additional options as a Jetstar customer, all you will receive is a bottle of water and you will be able to watch the entertainment on the screens in the cabin for free with your own headphones.

Buying the entertainment pack will get you a personal portable unit with movies, tv and music. The meal pack, 2 meals each with a drink of choice and the comfort pack a blanket and pillow.

I dont know for sure if as a Qantas customer they include the comfort or entertainment packs, just the food and drink pack. You would probably need to double check this with Qantas direct or your travel agent. If there are extra packs left on board, they are offered for sale to passengers who did not order them at the time of booking.

The rest of the flight is the same for a Qantas passenger as for a Jetstar passenger.

Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Jetstar as a Qantas passenger

Hi,

We just flew as Jetstar passengers and travelled with a friend who was a Qantas passenger. I am a travel consultant and will certainly make sure my clients are all aware of the service offered to Qantas passengers- You do not get the On demand DVD player, you just have to watch the main screens, even QANTAS passengers have to pay for this service. You do get the comfort pack with blanket, socks, pillow and eye mask. You get food but you only get ONE free drink with the meal- this was definitely the most frustrating part of the Qantas/Jetstar option. If you flew Qantas anywhere else in the world you can request other drinks, snacks during the flights however if you are on a Jetstar plane you only get 2 drinks for the trip (2 meals) and you have to pay for the rest. I think this is terrible.

BUT if its the cheapest option then it shouldnt matter too much to you...

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Jetstar as a Qantas passenger

Aussiegirl, this might sound silly, but with the new 'no liquid' rules, are you allowed to bring your own drinks on the plane?

Sydney,NSW
Level Contributor
361 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying Jetstar as a Qantas passenger

We are flying Jetstar from Sydney to Honolulu on April 12th. I am already aware of the meals/comfort back.....etc. I understand its frustrating about the one drink thing but you do get what you pay for. Jetstar was almost $400 cheaper than Qantas per person! So I dont mind paying a few dollars for a drink!

We are a group of 11 so overall, the savings were incredible!!!

A few of us are on Qantast frequent flyer fares but we redeemed them with Jetstar cos it worked out so much cheaper than Qantas for the rest of the family.

Also...we are travelling with 2 children under the age of 2. With Qantast, they were 10% of the fare and $350 taxes!!!!!!!!! Insane considering they dont even get a seat.

On Jetstar, completely free, no 10% and no taxes. Thats a huge difference!

Sorry, I know I didnt answer the original question, I think someone else did though?

Just giving my 2cents worth as to why Jetstar was a much better option for us than Qantas.

Los Angeles...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying Jetstar as a Qantas passenger

Hi, I am about to fly Jetstar on thurday on a frequent flyer reward trip and was curious if you get food... I booked the entertainment and comfort pack, but was under the impression you dont get food... as anyone flown them recently on a qantas fare and recieved food?

7. Re: Flying Jetstar as a Qantas passenger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 20, 2009