We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Grand Vacation Club - really disappointed!

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Upstate NY
Level Contributor
212 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Grand Vacation Club - really disappointed!

Last spring we vacationed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club at the Hawaiian Village, and while there we took the timeshare tour. We did not purchase a unit, but instead paid $1995.00 for a VIP package (7,000 points) that could be used for a 1 week/2 BR stay at their Waikioloa property. The other option was to use it for a 1 week stay in a 1 BR unit in Orlando and Las Vegas.

Yesterday I called to secure my reservation for The Waikoloa unit, imagine my surprise when I was told that "they completely underestimated the popularity of this promotion" and instead of a 2 BR unit, all they can offer me in any Hawaii property for the remainder of 2007 would be a standard hotel room! UMMM....I don't think so!

In the many, many phone calls and emails received from Hilton after purchasing this package, not once did they ever mention this little fact. Just the sales pitch to try and upgrade my package to full ownership.

OK, so I am not happy and am wondering how many others this has happened to. Any suggestions on where to go with this from here?

The best part is that all of these resorts show full availability for the dates I would like to travel.

Also, ther

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
212 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Grand Vacation Club - really disappointed!

I am pleased to be able to report a favorable outcome to my problem with HGVC. After submitting a letter to the president of VIP sales, we recently received a nice reply stating that they would be giving us a full refund for the points that were purchased. It seems that the properties are oversold due to all of the construction going on, this leaves less rooms available in the rental pool.

We are looking forward to receiving the refund, and were able to book the HHV on our own in combination with a stay on Maui. Looking forward to visiting Hawaii once again!

2. Re: Hilton Grand Vacation Club - really disappointed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 22, 2009