We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabs on weekends?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cabs on weekends?

Hi,

We are staying in Newport this weekend at a house that is about a 10 minute drive from where all the restaurants and bars are. I've been told that cabs are hard to come by on the weekend and that the cab companies don't answer calls late at night.

Any suggestions? Has anyone tried the Pedicabs or Amride?

Thank you!

Lisa

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
499 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabs on weekends?

Where exactly are you staying? There aren't many places in newport that are a ten minute drive from downtown. I wouldn't think you'd have a problem getting home at night via cab or pedi cab. Getting a cab to pick you up at the house late at night could be an issue.

Bikes are always a good option here in the summer

Boston...
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabs on weekends?

Cabs are an absolute issue so be prepared for that. Last I was there for a bachelorette party... Couldn't hail a cab for an hour at closing. Walked for about 20 minutes and finally took a ride from a stranger. This is why I avoid Newport at all costs.

Edited: 9:41 pm, July 23, 2013
3. Re: Cabs on weekends?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:44 am, July 25, 2014