We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport with a baby

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
817 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Newport with a baby

Going to Newport in June with our 6 month old. He's so good, we just roll him around in his stroller and still go to restaurants and shops while he hangs out and smiles and giggles and sleeps.

Any suggestions for good restaurants where we wouldn't be out of place with a baby? Not a big fan of traditional family style places and chains. Thanks!!

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newport with a baby

Brick Alley Pub and Red Parrot come to mind right away; both in the harbor area.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newport with a baby

I don't think Newport even has any chain restaurants.

I think you'll be fine anywhere with the exception of a handful of formal places: Bouchard's, Muse, Castle Hill Inn, Spiced Pear, Tallulah's... the mid-price and lower-price range you should be just fine. I haven't yet been to PIneapple's, but it's an outdoor venue with a firepit for kids to make s'mores. Flo's Clam Shack is for absolutely everyone, and the food is good and cheap! The Black Pearl is a family place. They have an outdoor patio in summer that is pleasant. Their chowder is good.

If your baby isn't crying I don't see why anyone would turn you away. Just go and enjoy.

3. Re: Newport with a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 08, 2014