We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

girl's night out - dinner suggestions?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
53 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
girl's night out - dinner suggestions?

Hi! A group of us 30-something women are gathering in Newport for a bachelorette party in April, and I'd love your suggestions on the best place to get dinner. We'd be looking for great food (some NYC foodies in the group, including the bride) but also a lively, fun atmosophere - not clubby or crazy, but just somewhere with some life. We're a pretty relaxed group, but it's a special occasion so looking for somewhere special!

If you have suggestions for a place to get drinks afterward, would love those too.

Thanks in advance!

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: girl's night out - dinner suggestions?

Fifth Element?

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: girl's night out - dinner suggestions?

We had a girls' dinner at The Mooring and loved it. It's also right on the harbor and near so many places for drinks.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: girl's night out - dinner suggestions?

In addition to the Fifth Element, Salvation Cafe or Norey's right across the street.

Definitely 5th Element after dinner for drinks/music....older crowd generally, 30's and up

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
84 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: girl's night out - dinner suggestions?

How big is the group?

For a group of girls wanting fun atmosphere I would say Salvation Cafe - it has a cool atmosphere and if it's not cold out the back bar is fun. It's the first place I go when I have a big group. I'd maybe go to the 5th after if they had music that night. I love the 5th but have had mixed experiences there for dinner. IMO it's never been as good as it was at the old 5th. However, it is over on Broadway, and you might want to stay closer to Thames. (Not THAT far to walk, but every step counts to me if I'm in heels LOL)

I also agree the Mooring can be good for groups but I've had mixed experiences with the food there for dinner. But it is a popular place. That said, I just ate there with family and the food was very good. You could have drinks at 41North before (I can't suggest dinner because I've had horrific experiences despite it's amazing location and decor.) Then head to Cooke House for drinks and dancing at the Boom boom room - a must for every bachelorette. ;)

5. Re: girl's night out - dinner suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 10, 2014