We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Ladies in Newport

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 Ladies in Newport

I will be vacationing in Newport with two friends this summer. We would like to stay in a B & B but we're having a hard time finding one with a room set up for 3. Does anyone have a suggestions?

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Ladies in Newport

It's not a bed and breakfast, but I did recently hear good things about Newport Beach Hotel and Suites. A suite would probably be more comfortable for 3 than a single room. This hotel is located near the beach. If you wanted to be able to walk to the wharves, with their shops and restaurants, this would not be a good choice for you, but if you wanted to spend some time each day at the beach it would.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Ladies in Newport

Love the newport beach hotel & Suites. the suites in the new building are fantastic, some of the nicest accomodations in Newport. It is across from the beach and close to the Cliffwalk and Masions but you will not be able to walk to Thames street as it's about 3 miles away. They have a great roof top hot tub and fire pit which is nice at the end of the day with a drink. If you don't intend to be downtown then this is a great place. The 2 bdrm suites have 2 baths, SS appls,a dining area and a nice living room. 3 flat screens and granite counters and real nice baths.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Ladies in Newport

Thank you so much for the recommendations. We were hoping to stay in town to avoid any problems with parking there. Is this something we should even be concerned with?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Ladies in Newport

Yes that is a legitimate concern in the summer. I wanted to recommend that because the accomodations are so good. You should check out the Hotel Viking to see if they offer something to accomodate your needs. You need to be somewhat careful because some of the accomodations are not very impressive and they get away with it because it's downtown. Good luck

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Ladies in Newport

If downtown is your goal you should know you're going to have to do a lot of walking. Yes, Beth is right, parking is a hassle. Basically you park for the day and then walk. I'd recommend if you have to drive to it, park in the Visitor's Center parking lot. You can buy an all-day pass on the trolley, which will help with the walking some. Newport is hilly... not San Fransico hilly, but a lot hillier than say, Dallas. Comfy shoes are definitely recommended.

Accomodations downtown are more expensive, and they often charge for parking. Some B&Bs don't even have on-site parking, so be sure to inquire about both issues. We looked into hosting our daughter's wedding at a downtown hotel and they were going to charge each guest $26 to park for the event.

That said I did stay at Newport Harborside Inn, which actually bills itself as a B&B. It was clean and comfortable, there was an OK breakfast leaning more towards continental, but the location is the draw. I think most rooms have tiny balconies overlooking the harbor, and it's dead smack in the middle of all the Newport waterfront has to offer. Not sure if they can accomodate 3 in one room.

We didn't have to pay for parking, but it was off season and space was not guaranteed as the lot is shared by several businesses.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Ladies in Newport

Think about the Newport Hotel and suites, after all it's a cheap cab ride to downtown and you don't have to worry about finding and paying for a space.

7. Re: 3 Ladies in Newport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 pm, June 17, 2013