We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What about November?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
337 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
What about November?

My husband and I have a few vacation days at the end of November. We'd like to get away for several days of relaxation and romance. Is Newport a good place for a November getaway? What about the Castle Inn and Resort? Would it be a good place to stay at that time of year?

Newport
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What about November?

It is a great place to stay. One of the best features is Castle Hill is secluded. If that is what you are looking for you will love it. Located on Ocean Drive it is approximately a beautiful 10 minute drive into town.

If you want high-end and to be closer to town I would suggest Francis Malbone House or Hilltop Inn.

You should also check out the new rooms in the Viking Wing at the Hotel Viking. Very nice and it has a fantastic spa in-house with a couples room, a nice pool area to relax in and a very good restaurant that makes it perfect for a romantic get-away. Easy walking distance to downtown also.

Some others: Pearls, Almondy House and many others that can all be found at www.GoNewport.com

www.TableHound.com for restaurants.

Newport
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What about November?

One more thing..... GoNewport.com has a great calendar of events.

If you can make it to Astors' Beechwood Victorian Feast it is great fun. It sells out fast so inquire soon.

Also, a tour & tasting at Newport Vineyards would be a fun romantic afternoon and there is a great deli right next door for soups, sandwiches and sweets. If the weather is warm enough go for a hike at the Norman Bird Sanctuary and a Must-Do is the Cliff Walk.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
237 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What about November?

I assure you it is a great idea! Castlehill is a wonderful place to stay. Of particular note are the beach houses. You will get a much better price for these rooms since it will be off season in Newport but it will be romantic and wonderful. You can step from your deck onto the beach, the rooms are very comfortable with king beds, sitting area with TV, small table with seating for two, kitchenette and a very nice bathroom with Jacuzzi. They also have a wonderful restaurant but there are nice places to eat in town as well. Pronto, West Deck, Asterisks, White Horse Tavern, Scales and Shells to name a few. My husband and I go several times a year to get away and enjoy. We are going the end of September, again, and staying in a beach house. Enjoy!

westchester...
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What about November?

I've stayed in the Beach House rooms at Castle Hill Inn. The view was lovely but I didn't think it was worth what we paid. Frances Malbone I will be staying at the end of the month and am looking forward to that. Hope you have a fun time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
237 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What about November?

Malbone is very nice as well. It is in town and a short walk from shops. I've stayed in both and in Chanler as well. I think Castel Hill is by far the nicest.

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
337 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What about November?

Thanks for all the great information. I've checked out all the mentioned resorts on the internet. They look great. Decisions...Decisions!

Is it likely to ice or snow in late November?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
237 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What about November?

Not likely to ice and snow that time of year in that area unless it is an unusual event. My husband and I have been there several times over the Thanksgiving holiday. I only remember one time when it was very cold but no ice or snow. January and February are a different story however. We were in Newport during blizzards as well. Hope you have a great time.

8. Re: What about November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 09, 2009