We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th Anniversary B&B suggestion?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
30th Anniversary B&B suggestion?

I am looking to possibly send my parents to Newport for their 30th anniversary in early December. Can anyone suggest a B&B or small hotel that is close to downtown? Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30th Anniversary B&B suggestion?

What a nice surprise for your parents!

I used to go to Newport every year for a weekend for about 15 years but then it became too dificult to stay in season requiring 3 nights required stay etc. It should be easier for you since you will be planning in the off season. I don't have a particular B&B to suggest but would like to recommend that your parents visit the three mansions decorated for Christmas. We went last year and it was great!

Another idea is to visit the Roman Catholic church where President Kennedy and Jackie were married. It is a historical church and interesting to see:

St. Mary's Church

corner of William and Memorial Blvd.

Newport RI

Newport
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 30th Anniversary B&B suggestion?

The Francis Malbone House. The best B&B in Newport. Great location and the owners and staff are fantastic. Walking distance to everything

Newport
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 30th Anniversary B&B suggestion?

Should ahve included

www.GoNewport.com for all things Newport. Great calendar of events

www.TableHound.com for all dining options.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
237 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 30th Anniversary B&B suggestion?

I agree if you want something in town the Francis Malbone House is very nice. You can walk to dinner and all the shops. Castlehill is my favorite in Newport but it is on Ocean Drive and you have to drive to town. Since they are going in December parking in town will not be a problem. There are many nice restaurants where they can have a nice anniversary dinner as well. A few I would suggest are West Deck, Pronto, Asterick (in town), Castlehill (Ocean Drive), White Horse Tavern (not far from the center of town).

Newport
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 30th Anniversary B&B suggestion?

Also, check out www.GoNewport.com to visit the Astors' Beechwood Mansion website under TOURS. They do Victorian Christmas Feasts every year that sell out very quickly. It is a sit down meal at the mansion with a tour, singing, and dancing to recreate a Victorian Holiday meal. Geeat fun. If you go as a couple you will placed at a table for 10 with other attendees, but I have done this and enjoyed it very much.

www.TableHound.com for all Newport restaurants.

Suggestions:

Fluke

Black Pearl in the Commodore Room

White Horse Tavern

Mooring

West Deck

Castle Hill, but you have to drive there

www.GoNewport.com as the date gets closer to check out the schedule for "Christmas In Newport" when there is a scheduled special event every day of the month.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 30th Anniversary B&B suggestion?

Thanks so much. Those were great suggestions. Has anyone stayed in the rooms in the original part of Francis Malbone? They are cheaper and seem small but are they still nice? My parents aren't ones to stay in the room much and to be honest, if I could save a few dollars that would be nice!

Thanks for the help...

Newport
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 30th Anniversary B&B suggestion?

Any room at the Francis malbone will be nice.

8. Re: 30th Anniversary B&B suggestion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, September 09, 2009