We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wellington Resort in Newport....

masschusetts
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wellington Resort in Newport....

Hello,

Trying to get a feel for this hotel/resort. As alwasy there were postive and negative feedback. Anyone stay there recently...Im told it needs updating- not sure if its the whole place or certain parts. Rooms are quite expensive...Thanks

Castle Hill Inn
Castle Hill Inn
#2 of 21 hotels in Newport
Wyndham Long Wharf Resort
Wyndham Long Wharf Resort
#14 of 21 hotels in Newport
Wyndham Newport Onshore
Wyndham Newport Onshore
#15 of 21 hotels in Newport
Newport, RI
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wellington Resort in Newport....

It depends on what you are looking for and what you are used to. It is probably comparable to a two star Holiday Inn. I believe it was built in the late 80's or early 90's and perhaps hasn't been updated since then. The rooms are big and the furniture is oversized. I did see a unit several years ago. I wasn't really impressed then.

It is a timeshare resort and having known someone who used to work there and who used to tell me stories about guests who stayed there, I know that there have been parties in rooms that got out of hand and furniture was destroyed. I'm sure those incidents were cleaned up after however

Both the interior and the exterior were never very architecturally pleasing to me. It is located almost half on the beach and half on the harbor or at the shallow end of the harbor. I'm sure its probably very adequate for most people.

masschusetts
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wellington Resort in Newport....

Thank you so much for posting.....My husband and I love Newport- We usually stay at a bed/breakfast but this time around we are going to bring our little girl. I was looking for something a little bigger than an average size bedroom so thats where the Wellington came in. I would like to read/watch TV without waking her while shes asleep.!!! Thx and good nite...

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
3. Re: Wellington Resort in Newport....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 05, 2009