We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall in Newport

philadelphia
Level Contributor
62 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Fall in Newport

We are a couple in our 50s, with a lot of flexibility. We would like to visit Newport for 4 days in Sept, Oct. or November. What month would you recommend and why? thanks in advance.

9 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall in Newport

September is one of the best months, but still busy on the weekends, especially during the boat show. The season officially ends Oct 12, and there often can be Indian Summer and fall in general in New England can't be beat. The leaves stick around through the first week of Nov, of course not if there is a hurricane...my wedding was rained out last Oct so I know:-/.

Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall in Newport

Just want to note Newport doesn't shut down or anything after Oct 12, there is plenty of action on a nice weekend right through the New Year.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall in Newport

I agree with Justine. I just want to add that if you want to get out on the water, either a harbor tour, sunset cruise or just riding the harbor shuttle, you'd want to come before Oct 12. The trade-off is that after that weekend rates go down and so do the number of people. I find the "crowds" of September to be worth braving for the warm days and cool nights. But if you want foliage, wait until the third or fourth week of October.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
62 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fall in Newport

Thanks

philadelphia
Level Contributor
62 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fall in Newport

Thanks

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fall in Newport

We are driving from Philly to Newport in late September for 3 nights, staying at the Hotel Viking. Are there great restaurants to visit, maybe a place favored by locals?

Also besides the Cliff Walk are there a few cant't miss things to do?

Also are there other fun areas to visit within a few hours of Newport for a few days?

Thanks.

Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fall in Newport

Newport exceeds expectations, so much to see and do in the area. You could go to Providence for the evening, maybe catch a Waterfire. No need to drive very far.

8. Re: Fall in Newport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, October 10, 2017

4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fall in Newport

If you visit after Nov 18th you can see the mansions all decorated for Christmas!

Reply to: Fall in Newport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted