We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Station Rental Car

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
12 reviews
Train Station Rental Car

My other thread (mostly in the Niagara forum) has been all about the hotels, so I decided to start a new thread just about the train station and rental car question.

If we take Amtrak from NYC to Buffalo and stay at an airport hotel, is there a simple way to get a rental car from someone near or at the train station? I understand there are two stations and that one is closer to the airport, but is one better than the other for a rental car?

If not, what is the best way to get from the train station to the airport? How far apart are they?

Thank you

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,925 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Train Station Rental Car

Buffalo "Depew" station (it's really just a depot) is only about 5 to 7 minutes from the Buffalo airport. You could probably take a taxi for just a few dollars. Alternatively, there is an Enterprise rental outlet on Genesee Street, very near the airport. If you arrange a car rental you could probably arrange for them to pick you up at the Depew station (Their phone number is(716-565-0002) (Enterprise always boasts that they will pick you up.)

Edited: 1:32 pm, July 06, 2016
Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Train Station Rental Car

Fantastic--that is the information I was looking for! Thank you

Nuneaton, United...
2 posts
1 review
3. Re: Train Station Rental Car

We are arriving at Buffalo Exchange St train station from Niagara Falls and are scheduled to pick up our ALAMO car hire from the airport to continue our holiday touring New England. Can we leave the train at a stop nearer to the airport? Otherwise, what would our best way be to collect our hire car?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,925 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Train Station Rental Car

Get off at Depew and take the short taxi ride. (see my other post)

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Train Station Rental Car

The Exchange Street station is located in downtown Buffalo and NOT close to the airport. There are car rental places that are closer to Exchange Street if you want to make other arrangements.

-Dee

6. Re: Train Station Rental Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 08, 2017