We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wow, do I miss Buffalo!ever since I moved to Massachusetts!

Tuckerton, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Wow, do I miss Buffalo!ever since I moved to Massachusetts!

Is the economy still on the downside there? I lived there for over 30 years. Now I am in Mass. and do NOT like it! LOL.It is a very cold town.People are VERY snobby here.(my own opinion of course but have been told this many times by others) who haved moved to this state. Why am I here you ask? Because my husband has a good job here. That is the only reason I moved! I do miss it in Buffalo. I miss the great bakeries (not many here at all to speak of unless you go right into Boston),pizza I so miss!! Lousy pizza here! It is flat and greasy. They do not even use mozzarella cheese!they use cheddar mixed in. Gag! I know there is a lot of culture and history here but man, I am seriously one day considering moving back..

The people were always the most friendly people..I miss Wegmans and all the good supermarkets!

I just had to vent LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anyone who KNOCKS Buffalo has a problem!! What a great town!

East Aurora, NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Wow, do I miss Buffalo!ever since I moved to Massachusetts!

I find it interesting that the Michael-Dell-built-a-football-stadium-to-lure-the-Bills-to-San-Antonio story never made it to the papers here in Buffalo. And this is in the age of the Internet where *everything* is quickly disseminated. Family, I'd be interested in reading it -- do you have a link to this story? Thanks in advance.

And Family is correct -- the Bills will eventually depart. I think Buffalonians, whether they love or hate Buffalo, are under no illusions that they'll stay. The economics of the NFL and WNY are heading in opposite directions. I think that if you move the team from Buffalo to, say, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Toronto or any other city that's growing and affluent, the value of the team will increase by $150 million to $200 million. If someone buys the Bills for $300 million and moves them to one of those cities, the team then becomes a $500 million team just due to the economic opportunities in that city compared to Buffalo. I believe that once Ralph Wilson dies, NFL football in WNY dies as well. I think our best hope, our only hope, is that the NFL expands to Canada and they move to Toronto.

But there's much more to Buffalo than football, right? Am I right???

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wow, do I miss Buffalo!ever since I moved to Massachusetts!

Hmmmm.... not if you ask my husband-

Level Contributor
231 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wow, do I miss Buffalo!ever since I moved to Massachusetts!

Hello from a fellow MA person! I think your post is totally true. I moved here when I was 7 so I've been around awhile. I have noticed over the years that people are getting more cold and more rude. My friend always says that a person with a MA plate would kill themselves just to get one car space ahead on the highway. So why do I live here? Well I love the beach and so I remain. There are some nice people up here :) not many but some!

Framingham...
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wow, do I miss Buffalo!ever since I moved to Massachusetts!

Just two cents from a lifetime new englander.............

I was born and raised in Mass. However, I have family in N.Tonowanda and Cheektowaga. They are family I married into but they are closer to me than some of my own family. Yes, I think the people are nicer and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to live in Buffalo. The wife and I could have bought six houses in Buffalo for what we paid for ours. I think its a qaulity of life issue mostly. You can have your cake and eat it too. Jobs do play a major roll but most people make sacrifices no matter where they live. Mostly because of jobs. I do agree that drivers in Mass. would kill just to get one space ahead of you on the highway. Kill or be killed I guess. LOL!!!!

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wow, do I miss Buffalo!ever since I moved to Massachusetts!

I spent the first part of my life in Massachusetts, and my mom still lives in our family home on Cape Cod, so we go there often, but I have lived in the Buffalo area (North Buffalo & Town of Tonawanda) for the past 26 years. I have found wonderful friends, great restaurants, and pleasant diversions in both locations. I'm not sure that it's accurate or helpful to make blanket characterizations about the people of any region, and certainly it can be hurtful.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Wow, do I miss Buffalo!ever since I moved to Massachusetts!

...That being said, however, I would have a serious problem if we moved somewhere that did not have a Wegmans.

New York
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Wow, do I miss Buffalo!ever since I moved to Massachusetts!

Whats not to like about Buffalo....We have the best drive by shootings,corrupt politicians,and weathermen that wouldn't know what it is doing outside if they looked!!!!This city is really becoming the armpit of New York and there is no way to stop it as far as I'm concerned..Please understand that I love being a Buffalonian the fact of the matter is I wouldn't want to live anywhere else ...HOWEVER...This is a sinking ship that we are on people and I do not plan on going down with the ship ..Sorry if you are uncomfortable with my bluntness...Paul,West Seneca N.Y.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Wow, do I miss Buffalo!ever since I moved to Massachusetts!

Actually, I share your feelings about crime, the state of the economy, corrupt politicians, etc., in WNY and am feeling quite disheartened about the region's prospects myself. My comments were about the OP's original blanket statement that the people in Massachusetts are all snobs. I think it's unfair and a gross exaggeration to paint all the people in any state or region with such a broad brush.

19. Re: Wow, do I miss Buffalo!ever since I moved to Massachusetts!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 16, 2009