We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite photo spots

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite photo spots

I am an amateur photographer. Where are your favorite paces to take photos in the Buffalo/Hamburg area?

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite photo spots

In which month will you be visiting?

PA
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite photo spots

My daughter lives up there. I go all the time!

New York
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite photo spots

Japanese gardens is great for photos, Botanical gardens, Niagara Falls of course, short drive from Buffalo. You could also go up to City Hall they have an outside area that you can really view the city. Can't remember what floor you access it from. Delaware Park. The Buffalo & erie county navel and military park.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite photo spots

Island Park in Williamsville, right off Main Street, is very pretty.

If you visit in late spring, you can get some spectacular shots of pink water lilies at Reinstein Nature Preserve in Cheektowaga. (Last time I was there, a photographer showed us some amazing wildlife shots he took there. He was standing by the beaver dam at dusk, waiting for the beavers to cross the path to the pond on the other side.)

Buffalo has some extraordinary architecture. The historic Guaranty Building downtown is gorgeous inside, and you can take a look around on the first floor. The interior of St. Joseph Cathedral on Main Street is quite beautiful, and ditto for the sanctuary of Temple Beth Zion on Delaware Avenue. There are six Frank Lloyd Wright houses. Just the mansions along Delaware Avenue could occupy an entire weekend. Elmwood Avenue has a lot of color and a Bohemian feel to it.

You could get some good construction shots on Main Street near Carlton, where the new Children's Hospital is being built, with some historic buildings across the street undergoing major renovation. (This work is transforming the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, so you'd be documenting an important part of the city's history.)

The Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum in North Tonawanda is a fun place to visit, and I think they allow photos. Often you can see volunteers carving carousel animals, and they have antique carousels and carousel animals on display. If you go to NT, check out the gorgeous interior of the Riviera Theatre in North Tonawanda; there's also a whimsical painting on the side of the building. (Google it.) The weekly farmers' market (Saturdays) and the canal in North Tonawanda area are also picturesque. (Just be aware that some Amish people are vendors at the market and may not want to be photographed.)

In the summer, the Greek Festival at the Hellenic Orthodox Church (dancing, lots of delicious food & lots of people) and Taste of Buffalo are big events that would be great opportunities for photography, too. Same for the baseball stadium downtown.

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite photo spots

Don't forget about the top of City Hall, great views all around! tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60974-d27…

-Dee

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite photo spots

Lady Dee, every time you mention that, I'm reminded that I've never been up there and need to take time to go. It's on my list for this summer!

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite photo spots

Definitely, Pastiche! :-)

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite photo spots

LOL - funny you said that Patiche about Lady Dee's post re: City Hall - I think that every time too! And I used to work downtown and never did it on my lunch!

PA
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite photo spots

Thank you everyone!!! What great ideas. I am excited!

10. Re: Favorite photo spots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, May 02, 2014