We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EZ Pass without monthly charge

North Carolina
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
EZ Pass without monthly charge

Hello,

Is there any agency that don't charge monthly fees when register online for new account for out of state residents? We are residents of North Carolina and plan on visiting Buffalo 2 to 3 times per year. Is it worth to get this prepaid device? If so, is there any particular device that we need to get?

http://www.ezpassonthego.com/

Thank you for helping,

Mentioned in this post
North Carolina
North Carolina
United States
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,754 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EZ Pass without monthly charge

I know you can get one without fee from Illinois. It's called an I-pass but its useable throughout the EZ pass network of states. However, in the New York City area you need to have a New York State issued EZ pass in order to get discounted tolls. I imagine this is true in the Buffalo area as well.

You do still get the convenience of not having to wait in the toll booth lines.

Edited: 12:38 am, November 16, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Illinois
Illinois
United States
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EZ Pass without monthly charge

Does the NYS Thruway Authority charge a monthly fee for out of state residents?

www.thruway.ny.gov/ezpass/discount.html

3. Re: EZ Pass without monthly charge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 16, 2013