We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where Can I Milk a Cow, Shave a Sheep...

New York, New York...
13 posts
Save Topic
Where Can I Milk a Cow, Shave a Sheep...

I'm trying to set up a "farm experience" trip for my wife where we spend a couple hours on a farm doing things like milk a cow or shave a sheep or get eggs from a chicken coup. Any ideas of where something might this exist near Buffalo?

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where Can I Milk a Cow, Shave a Sheep...

Australia lol :)

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
91 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where Can I Milk a Cow, Shave a Sheep...

Buffalo is not as rural as many people believe. If you want to do that you would have to go well outside the city to find it...totally clueless on this one. good luck

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Buffalo, NY
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where Can I Milk a Cow, Shave a Sheep...

This may be your best bet. They're a farm, winery, and brewery in Niagara County, about an hour outside of Buffalo. Great place! I don't know how hands on you can get, but I'd give them a call and find out.

http://www.beckerfarms.com/welcome

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
311 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where Can I Milk a Cow, Shave a Sheep...

Tom Hawk, Pork chop got it in one, Land of Oz, we have the wooly buggers runing amuck every where, we live near camden home of Sheep in Australia.

Hawkey, you shear sheep, not shave them, unless you have a fetish in style cutting sheep.

Milking Cows, go see the Amish out Pensivania way, they should have chooks as well .

Enjoy your jaunt in the country.

Scott...........Land of Oz

5. Re: Where Can I Milk a Cow, Shave a Sheep...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, December 30, 2012
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
78,879 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where Can I Milk a Cow, Shave a Sheep...

Hi Ivaylo and Tyne;

I would suggest that you familiarize yourself with the posting guidelines regarding the participation of business representatives, as your post is in violation of them.

tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s…

Best Regards

7. Re: Where Can I Milk a Cow, Shave a Sheep...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 07, 2014