We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight In Buffalo June 22/23

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight In Buffalo June 22/23

Hello there,

We will be driving from Indiana to Buffalo on our way to visit our son in Vermont. We will arrive around 8 PM.

I know we want to see the Frank Lloyd Wright home, and will probably do that on our way out of town on Saturday, the 23rd.

Is there a nice hotel near the FLW home? We'd also like suggestions for places to eat that evening and maybe breakfast on the 23rd? Our son told us the Anchor Bar and the Pearl Street pub were good? If there isn't a hotel near FLW, we would probably like something close to these restaurants.

Any help is appreciated!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight In Buffalo June 22/23

As for hotels there is the Hampton on Delaware avenue. Buffalo is not that hard to get around so any downtown hotel is within easy reach.

…hilton.com/en/…

Also the Embassy Suites

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Also check TA hotel reviews for hotels in DT Buffalo.

For breakfast - I would recommend the Towne Restaurant on Elmwood and Allen Street.

If you have never been to Anchor Bar - I would suggest going just to know where the chicken wing orginated. Its a big debate is Buffalo who has the best wings - I like the wings.

ENJOY!

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight In Buffalo June 22/23

Hi Colliemom, Since the FLW home is in a residential neighborhood there are no hotels nearby. If you would like to try staying in a bed & breakfast, there is one that people really like here on TA within walking distance of the FLW home: the Parkside House Please note that tours of the FLW home sell out so I recommend calling soon for a reservation: http://www.darwinmartinhouse.org/

There are hotels located on Delaware Ave near downtown that you might like: Best Western tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60974-d93114-R…

Holiday Inn tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60974-d93120-R…

The Best Western and Holiday are also near many restaurants on and around Elmwood Avenue. There are several hotels in downtown Buffalo and as jmhallmark mentioned, it's very easy to get around Buffalo so anywhere you stay you'll be fine for traveling.

The best hotel to stay in Buffalo with a variety of rooms & rates is the Mansion on Delaware Ave: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60974-d122057-…

The FLW home is located in North Buffalo near Hertel Ave. There are plenty of nice restaurants on Hertel, including Kostas which has good breakfasts (I like to substitute their Greek potatoes for home fries!). Hertel Ave also has some great Italian restaurants like Romeo & Juliet's (must try their desserts!) and La Dolce Vita.

In downtown Buffalo, the Pearl Street Grill is good for beer and pub food. The Anchor Bar is famous for inventing Bflo chicken wings, but it's not universally loved by Buffalonians. I prefer Gabriel's Gate on Allen Street for chicken wings.

Happy travels!

-Dee

Edited: 9:05 am, June 12, 2012
New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight In Buffalo June 22/23

Here is the Parkside House link: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60974-d1908809…

4. Re: Overnight In Buffalo June 22/23

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:40 pm, June 20, 2013