We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Wings As Chosen By Locals

Guelph, Ontario...
Level Contributor
52 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Best Wings As Chosen By Locals

We'll be coming into Buffalo from Ontario for a Sabres game in late March.

Last year we ate our wings at Duff's and, I hate to say it, weren't all that impressed.

This year we want wings again, but would like something better, as determined by those who live in, or are very frequent visitors to, Buffalo.

Ideally, a local establishment that is welcoming to children [that is, has friendly staff and is not full of drunks at 5pm on a Friday], is clean, and, in a perfect world, has convenient plus free parking.

If there is a place near the First Niagara Center, that would be a grandslam!!

Many thanks for any and all replies.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
61 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Wings As Chosen By Locals

In the city I would recommend Gabriel's Gate on Allen St. There is really nothing around the arena besides Pearl St. The wings there are typical, nothing special. In fact, in my opinion the best wings are not even in the city. Go to the Gate. Parking maybe free on the street. If its not, then it would probably be a dollar at the most in a parking meter. Bring quarters just in case. From Allen, the arena is less than 10mins away. http://www.yelp.com/biz/gabriels-gate-buffalo

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Wings As Chosen By Locals

is not full of drunks at 5pm on a Friday

^^^^^^^

This will be very hard to find. Anywhere with good wings will have a bunch of people drinking after work on Friday...Thats how we roll in Buffalo

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
61 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Wings As Chosen By Locals

Amen

Guelph, Ontario...
Level Contributor
52 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Wings As Chosen By Locals

I can appreciate a few pints after a long week of work as well.

How are the wings at Washington Square and Swannie House?

They both seem to get good reviews and both seem close enough to the arena for us.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
61 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Wings As Chosen By Locals

Never had the wings at washington square. Good beef on weck.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
249 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Wings As Chosen By Locals

My family loves wings(medium) from Johnny's on Union Rd. It's a neighborhood pizza shop with a few tables. You can easily stop there on your way to the game. Get off the 290 at Main St , head east on main to Union,turn right on union.(google it!) After you eat continue on Union to the 33.

The other place is La Nova on Main in Williamsville,you'll pass it to get to Johny's.

We think Johnny's are better !

7. Re: Best Wings As Chosen By Locals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, May 29, 2013