We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Megabus -downtown Buffalo -area info.

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Megabus -downtown Buffalo -area info.

My husband and I are thinking about saving some bucks traveling to DC using the Megabus from Buffalo downtown area.

We will be leaving around 1am .

Can anyone tell me what is around the area where we are dropped off and picked up?

The return trip leaves us there around 4 hours waiting for their arrival.

Will make other arrangements if it's not a safe or convenient area.

thanks for your advice

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Megabus -downtown Buffalo -area info.

Hi islabonita, The bus station is located in downtown Buffalo. It's safe, but you probably wouldn't feel so great hanging out there for four hours late at night. What's the time schedule? I might be able to recommend some things to see/do if it's during the day.

-Dee

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Megabus -downtown Buffalo -area info.

ok, thanks..since I posted I have made other plans returning so no worries we will get a ride into town for our departure close to that time.

Buffalo, New York
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Megabus -downtown Buffalo -area info.

It does depend on the day on time. If traveling during the weekday. Many restaurants and coffee shops are open withen walking distance including a food court at the Main Place Mall, 2 blocks west of the Bus Terminal. If traveling during the weekend end. Most place are open Saturday and few on Sunday. Best bet is to walk over to Main Street any day to find places to eat and things to do. If late at night. You can walk, over to Chippewa Street (5 minute walk from station) for places to eat on and around the strip at just about anytime, including dance clubs and lounges to pass the time even faster.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Megabus -downtown Buffalo -area info.

is there any parking log that i can park my car overnight tere?

Atlantic City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Megabus -downtown Buffalo -area info.

Downtown Terminal is it near by Buffalo airport? How far it is from Buffalo airport to Downtown terminal? How do i get from the airport to Downtown terminal if i wan to take Meganbus to Toronto?

Thanks,

Ali J

Buffalo NY
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Megabus -downtown Buffalo -area info.

Downtown is about 10-12 minutes on the 33. pretty much a straight shot. There are Megabus stops both at the airport and at the downtown terminal. From the airport, you can take the 24 Genesee and that will being you downtown, or theres Airport taxi, they are good and reputable.

7. Re: Megabus -downtown Buffalo -area info.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 22, 2013