We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Palm Bay, Florida
10 posts
Save Topic
Headed to Buffalo for the December 17th Bills game.

I'm looking for a cheap hotel. We had one reserved in Canada, but we kinda wanted to go cheaper and in the united states (from Florida).

So does anyone have advice on a cheap hotel? Maybe something under $200.

We'll be flying up the 15th(thurs) and leaving the 19th (mon)

Palm Bay, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Headed to Buffalo for the December 17th Bills game.

also..

Any "great" places to eat?

East Aurora, NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Headed to Buffalo for the December 17th Bills game.

I don't think there are any $200/night hotels in Buffalo. Try Mansion on Delaware, or for a B&B try BeauFleuve -- www.beaufleuve.com.

Palm Bay, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Headed to Buffalo for the December 17th Bills game.

Well ofcoarse i meant our whole stay would be under 200 for the hotel.

East Aurora, NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Headed to Buffalo for the December 17th Bills game.

Then try this EconoLodge near the stadium:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60974-d99524-R…

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Headed to Buffalo for the December 17th Bills game.

Hi Lana,

I have been checking around and I have found that the Hampton Inns are at avg 99.00 a nite and the holiday Inn at around 76.00. With the Holiday Inn in Grand Island being the cheapest. Grand Island is smack between Buffalo and Niagara Falls and the hotel is on the river. Have you tried Expedia or Hotels.com-you can always get a price from them and then call the hotel direct and see if they will beat it. I have actually saved quite a bit of money that way.

Palm Bay, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Headed to Buffalo for the December 17th Bills game.

We found a hotel.

Econo Lodge

2000 Niagara Falls Blvd.

Tonawanda, NY, US

$180 for 4 nights.

Does anyone know this area? Is it good/bad?

East Aurora, NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Headed to Buffalo for the December 17th Bills game.

Commercial area, and a long way from the stadium -- leave early! But you'll find lots of cheap chain restaurants on the blvd. Congrats on that price!

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Headed to Buffalo for the December 17th Bills game.

too far from the stadium and located close to niagara falls. nothign in the area around it. check out cheektowaga for hotels. the hilton garden inn just opened accross from the airport. although, avoid any hotel on genessee except for the holiday inn express and hilton. you can try the holiday inn express or comfort inn. the hampton inn downtown gets great reviews and is a short walk to chippewa, our nightclub district.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Headed to Buffalo for the December 17th Bills game.

It is in a suburban location surrounded by strip Malls, and chain restaurants. It is relatively safe and you are getting a great price. It is close to the Thurway and you won't have any problems getting around from there. You will find it easy to get to the Falls and it may take you a little longer but the stadium is not very far either. However, you may want to look into that shuttle

http://www.nfta.com/metro/bills04.asp

-you can pick it up at Summit Park Mall-(about 15 minutes North of your hotel)

it will cost you as much as parking and you won't have to worry about driving. You can even enjoy a few beers-bundle up it will be cold.

While you are here try the Chicken Wings at Duffs-It is on the corner of Sheridan and Millersport-about a 10 minute drive from your hotel. They are in the running for the best wings.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Headed to Buffalo for the December 17th Bills game.

i second duffs