We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadians flying out of buffalo

brampton
1 post
Save Topic
Canadians flying out of buffalo

I'm thinking of flying out of Buffalo to Orlando instead of Toronto. I don't have a passport. Is it possible to fly out of Buffalo with Drivers Licence and birth certifciate. My children would also go with me. They have health cards - no picture and birth certifciates. Any information regarding this topic?

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadians flying out of buffalo

good idea too expensive to fly out of pearson. i dont have the answer to your question but the niagara frontier transportation authority will: nfta.com

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadians flying out of buffalo

btw, check out southwest and jet blue, i dont no if you have them up there but down here you can find roundtrip tickets to orlando for $140

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadians flying out of buffalo

Paul

Since you didn't mention the other parent...

Here's some info from a Cdn site ourmissingchildren.gc.ca/omc/…project_e.htm

When you cross international borders

Since customs inspectors pay extra attention to children as they enter Canada, children traveling without proper identification or with adults who are not their legal guardians may be interviewed more thoroughly. This additional security ensures the safety of the children. To help you avoid delays at international borders, consider the following:

* Always have identification for your children, no matter how old they are. Birth certificates are preferable, but if such a document is not available, obtain a letter stating that you are the children's parent or guardian from your doctor or lawyer, or from the hospital where the children were born.

* If you are separated or divorced, carry legal documents about custody rights.

* If you are not the legal custodian of the children, carry a letter of permission from the legal custodian that authorizes you to have the custody of the children when entering Canada. This permission letter should contain addresses and telephone numbers where the legal custodians or parent can be reached.

Ontario
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadians flying out of buffalo

I think if your american citizen you don't need a passport. Same with canadians flying domestic flights only. But if your from another country you will need a passport, especially these days. They're not usually picky about younger children, but they would want proof that your there legal guardian. I suggest when you get back from your trip to get yourself and your kids a passport. I just makes things alot easier.

- Goodluck and enjoy your trip!

- Gekco

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
716 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canadians flying out of buffalo

I think you are okay now, we are from north of TO and have been checking into this for our trip to Hawaii. We too are flying out of Buffalo and as far as I can determine you are okay without the passport UNTIL Dec.31 2005. After that they can turn you back at the border.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canadians flying out of buffalo

likendsun: your not talking about the passport thing that was scrapped are you? they were going to put something in effect in 2007 with passports but again the bush administration wasnt thinking about anybody else and they abandoned the idea.

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
716 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canadians flying out of buffalo

Could be scrapped, I checked about a month ago with our passport office and they said it would be necessary in January. Might have been scrapped but personally we all go the passports anyways just in case we decide to go somewhere else....

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canadians flying out of buffalo

It's a great idea to carry one anyway-

One time I was stuck at OHare and could not get back to Buffalo-there was a nearly empty flight to Toronto but I could not get on because it orginated internationally and you needed a passport to board. Some of the people I was traveling with had their passports and they were able to board. I was stuck in sweltering Chicago for another night.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada