We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place for Buffalo Wings?

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place for Buffalo Wings?

OK, debate time...

We're staying 2 nights in Buffalo, one night we'll be eating at the Anchor Bar just becuase it has to be done. So, if it's not the best place for wings, where is?

Suggestions please?

Thanks

Barbie

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place for Buffalo Wings?

a lot of people have different opinions on whether or not anchor bar chicken wings are good. suburbanites shy away from the anchor bar because of the bad neighborhood but out of towners always venture to the restaurant, but why not, its the birthplace of the chicken wing! a lot of people in the area really like la nova's wings. the place, is equally also known for its pizza. (la nova usually donates pizza and wings to dignitaries and politicians who come to buffalo for their plane ride back home) personally though my favorite wings are from buffalo wild wings, a chain restaurant.

but this is all my opinion. buffalo is the place for chicken wings and theres a pizzeria in every neighborhood in western new york and with a population of nearly 2 million or so thats a lot of good places to eat wings.

Buffalo, NY
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place for Buffalo Wings?

The Anchor Bar is by far the best place for wings in the city . . . hands down. It's not a bad neighborhood as suggested in a previous post; in fact it's only a few blocks away from Elmwood, which you should defiantly check out as well.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place for Buffalo Wings?

People like their wings in different ways-La Nova has the best BBQ wings-hands down. Anchor Bar's wings are great, but you really don't want to wander around there at night. The parking lot to the bar is ok, but I wouldn't take a stroll after dark.

My taste tends to change with time and with change in chefs.

Right now I love the wings at Pettibones which is in the Dunn Tire Park-(the baseball stadium) down town. There is a wing festival right in the park the first weekend in September. I will do a taste comparison and let you know then.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place for Buffalo Wings?

La Nova's are great, Anchor Bar is great, Wild Wings are fine, but don't get sucked in to going to Duff's. They put so much vinegar in their wing sauce that I had to wipe each wing off with a napkin before eating it. And yet the place is rediculously popular...I can't understand it.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place for Buffalo Wings?

duff's is popular because its a local institution...if you want to see what chicken wings are supposed to be like then go there.........

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Place for Buffalo Wings?

DUFFS................... thats all i got to say... Anchor bar is good too, but DUFFS, you cant go wrong....... TRUST ME

East Aurora, NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Place for Buffalo Wings?

If you make it out to quaint, historic East Aurora, home of Fischer-Price Toys, then try the Bar Bill for wings. They specialize in Beef on Weck but their wings are excellent too.

I also heard Rootie's in Getzville is pretty decent but I've never been there or tried that.

Ontario
Level Contributor
228 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Place for Buffalo Wings?

Do Buffalo wings even originate from the City of Buffalo ??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Place for Buffalo Wings?

Yep. Story goes Anchor Bar in Buffalo was the first to make em.