We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with motels

toronto ontario
2 posts
Save Topic
help with motels

I need help finding a reasonable place to stay in buffalo, close to the hsbc arena for aug 13/05, hopefully within walking distance. They places I checked are sold out, except for the best western for $120 a night. Another option would be to stay a little further away and take a cab but when you add that with the cheaper motel I'm guessing the cost is probably the same. I'm not sure what cab rates are in buffalo but I know they are ridiculous in toronto. Any help would be appreciated. Tks Rob

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: help with motels

Not sure what's going on that weekend but all the downtown hotels look to be booked solid. Personally, I'd go for the Best Western on Delaware. Still in the city in the cool Allentown area with a lot of action of it's own and still just a short, probably five dollar cab ride from downtown. Without a car you're pretty much stranded in the burbs unless you want to pony up some big bucks for a cab...I'd say at least twenty five bucks to the city. Expedia has a AAA rate if 112.50 for the BW which seems to be a pretty good deal. best of Luck whatever you decide and hope you enjoy our city!

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with motels

Rob,

Any hotel that is on a major route-such as Delaware Ave, (holiday Inn), Main st. (Hampton Inn in Williamsville), or even genesee st. by the airport. It is just a matter of one or two busses to get downtown. The train runs up main st. to the SUNY at Buffalo South Campus. there is a hotel there University Manor that used to be pretty good. It is right across from the train station and the train drops you off right at the arena within 20 minutes. Also, alot of the hotels that are associated with the University Amherst campus-like University Inn and Conference Center in Amherst- Have free shuttles to the South Campus, where you can pick up the train.

I would call the hotel directly and see if they would even provide a shuttle right to the Arena, sometimes they will do that if you arrange in advance.

I had a friend that stayed at the Hampton in Williamville and he loved it. He took the bus every where.