We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Stay In Wooly Wagons?

Which Medora hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone Stay In Wooly Wagons?

I am going to have a quick stopover during a camping/road trip through a few states in October. The Wooly Wagons really intrigue me and I think I want to stay in one! I know the bathrooms are outside but they have a little heater in them. I called and they have one that will be available during my stay in mid October.

If you have stayed in one, please post your thoughts! I plan on camping for most of my trip but this is so unusual and I think I would love it!!

6 replies to this topic
North Dakota
Level Contributor
602 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone Stay In Wooly Wagons?

There are some reviews here: tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone Stay In Wooly Wagons?

Thanks. I had done a search on TA for this subject and I had read that already but there is only one review of the wagons. I was hoping to get more feedback as one review doesn't really give a lot of info. I did receive a private message from someone regarding this post and will copy and paste it here:

"We see your posts dealing with your upcoming road trip. We have not stayed in the Wooly Wagons but it looks like a good change from camping in a tent. Medora in Oct. will be quiet but not totally closed up. More info on Medora in Oct. should be available from the folks who run the Wooly Wagons since they live right there. Having been to Wind Cave National Park, it is worth a stop but only if your cave experience is limited. If time is a big issue we would recommend skipping it.

You should watch the weather before and during your stop in western North Dakota. If it has been raining, the hiking trails will be like glue and not much fun."

I called them and they have one wagon open year around.

Not a lot of activity on this forum so I bet I will have a lot of the western part of ND to myself during my trip!

North Dakota
Level Contributor
602 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone Stay In Wooly Wagons?

Enjoy your trip! There just aren't a lot of folks active here so its tough to get specific feedback past the reviews that are posted. I've not done Wooly Wagons as we either drive for the day or stay out at Buffalo Gap. Have fun and be sure to let us all know the review when you get back!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone Stay In Wooly Wagons?

Will do on both accounts!

Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone Stay In Wooly Wagons?

Hi PDX,

Just was wondering if you stayed in the WW's? I am heading there from Newport (OR) in mid September 2015. Anything you might share about that area would be appreciated...

Your coastal neighbor,

Tim

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone Stay In Wooly Wagons?

Hi Rustsleeps! I did stay for a night in one of these and LOVED it! The somewhat grumpy woman who owns the property could have been more accommodating but I am happy to stay there and would definitely stay there again. It was very easy to get into TRNP and in Medora there was a fun place to go have a bite to eat and a beer. I didn't find the people in Medora to be terribly friendly as a whole but I think we are spoiled here in Oregon! :-)

Reply to: Anyone Stay In Wooly Wagons?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted