We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Phoenix airport to Flagstaff

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
travelingcats14
Level Contributor
149 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Phoenix airport to Flagstaff

Arriving in Phoenix at 12:30 PM on a Saturday in mid October and need to get to Flagstaff to meet our Grand Canyon hiking group. I thought I would take the Arizona shuttle but the timing of when we get in and when the shuttles leave means that we don't get to Flagstaff until 6:20 PM. (We can't make the 1 PM shuttle and there is no 2 PM shuttle so we are on the 3 PM shuttle.) So now I am thinking of renting a car but wondered how difficult it is to drive out of the airport. Is there alot of traffic and is it confusing to find the correct direction? I am not a great driver especially when I don't know where I am going. Are there any other car services or taxi services to Flagstaff. My internet search came up with one called Executive but they didn't seem to have Flagstaff service. Thanks for any advice.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Phoenix airport to Flagstaff

The car rental facility at Phoenix Sky Harbor is right off I-10 so you can quickly get on freeways that will take you all the way to Flagstaff in about 2 1/2 hours. Traffic on a Saturday in October should not be an issue.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,977 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Phoenix airport to Flagstaff

Rent a car. The directions and drive are quite simple.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Phoenix airport to Flagstaff

Signage at the PHX airport is pretty good and the drive to Flagstaff is a straightforward Interstate which takes you right into Flagstaff and terminates on one of the main roads in town (Milton Ave. which will turn into Route 66 in a few miles).

Assuming the extra cost, if any, is worth getting in to town sooner, I'd say renting a car is the way to go. I am unaware of any other shuttle services.

travelingcats14
Level Contributor
149 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Phoenix airport to Flagstaff

Many thanks. I agree. A rental car is the way to get to Flagstaff.

5. Re: Transportation from Phoenix airport to Flagstaff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 25, 2015