We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Parks

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
National Parks

We will be travelling by car this summer to the various National Parks and other places of interest in Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado and the Dakotas. We expect to be on the road 6-8 weeks. I am looking for some 'don't miss' things to do and see.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: National Parks

Hi Gazooby.

Great report and I second every word of it. One thing though. Canyon de Chelly is in Navajo Land, not Hopi. (And Durango-Silverton is called, The Million-Dollar Hw.)

Cheers

Tet

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: National Parks

Hi folks - not much to add here 'cause everyone else has given you some great suggestions for places to go, stuff do so/see. I'll cast a vote for adding Lake Powell to your itinerary as you pass through Utah, also Arches/Canyonlands National Parks. The Grand Tetons in Wyoming are awesome, and in Colorado, I love Ouray - any town with a "municipal Hot Springs" is my kinda town!

Don't forget to get a National Park Pass. For $50, this little card is a great deal, granting you access to all National Parks, Monuments and Federal Fee areas in the U.S. for one year (exception: Indian Tribal Parks, such as Monument Valley or Grand Canyon West). What with the entrance fees to many National Parks at $20-$25 EACH, you'll save a chunk of change.

You can pre-order one before you hit the road at www.nationalparks.org or just purchase it at the first National Park station you come to on your trip.

Have a wonderful time - your trip sounds AWESOME!

13. Re: National Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 14, 2009