We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
323 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Drive to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park

Going to drive to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park during my stay in Flagstaff next week. I googled directions and it states total estimated time: 3 hours 24 minutes. If anyone has driven there from Flagstaff, does the estimated time seem correct?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,270 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park

It's about 175 miles-- pretty drive-- 3 and 1/2 hours should be plenty of time. Interested in some ruins? The Wupatki Natl Park is just north of Flagstaff-- about 30 minute drive-- and on the route to MV from Flagstaff.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,073 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park

It will take 3 hours plus, just to get there. Then once you enter the park, allow yourselves 2-3 hours to drive the loop road and make a few short stops.

This is the reason why I always recommend staying over night. You'll spend 7 hours on the road getting to and from MV from Flagstaff. It only makes sense to allow yourself that much time while you're there. Do a back country guided tour. Stay at the View Hotel to get the most out of sunset and sunrise.

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park

That drive time is accurate. It is doable in one day.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park

Dear all,

I am staying at the View Hotel one night and the next day i have to catch a flight in Flagstaff Airport at around 3PM. How long is the drive form The View Hotel to Flagstaff?

Thanks!

Ana

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park

Welcome to the forum. It's 3 1/2 hours from Flagstaff to Monument Valley, and 3 1/2 hours from Monument Valley back to Flagstaff. The View is located in M. Valley, so allow for the same amount of time to return.

Edited: 5:11 pm, August 27, 2010
6. Re: Drive to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 24, 2011