We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life for the not so young

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Night life for the not so young

Our party of four will be staying in flagstaff for 3 nights as a base.Econolodge Uni, we are no longer in our youth and will be looking for something to do in the evenings, meals and a few drinks, we are fond of C&W. Thanks

Ivor

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night life for the not so young

forgot the dates 19/20/21 of Oct. Ivor

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,642 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night life for the not so young

Hi Ivor

I was just in Flagstaff over Labor Day, and I'm no spring chicken myself ;-). There are lots of good restaurants and interesting shops to poke about in at the restored city center (check out the Armadilo Candle Company's store---a local Arizona enterprise!).

I love c/w myself and spent a pleasant evening at the Museum Club (aka the Zoo) out on Route 66 east of downtown. There's a small cover charge, live music, a great dance floor, football game watching on Sundays, and a genial mix of locals, Route 66 motorbikers and whoever happens to be in town.

Black Bart's steakhouse has a theatrical staff who will entertain you if you'd like an evening out of the old west.

For something completely different, check out the night viewing at Lowell Observatory---spectacular things to see if the weather's good. Northern Arizona University may have some cultural events on while you're in town as well.

Enjoy Flagstaff! I really had a great time there.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night life for the not so young

Hi rovi.

Just to let you know my background I was born in Flagstaff and work downtown there.

What is C&W?

There are quite a few good resteraunts. If you want good steak and salad bar there is the Horsemans lodge which is about a 15 minute drive from Downtown Flagstaff. Definately well worth it. They have 2 girls on horseback in the evening (open at 5:30pm) who help you find a parking spot. There is Casa Bonita on the other side of town on Milton (main road through Flagstaff) accross from Target. Has exellet mexican food and great margaritas.

The Museum of Northern Az is wonderful located off of highway 89 going twards the canyon. And I'd definately reccomend just strolling through the shops downtown.

Oh I almost for got Charlies!!! Make sure to have the French onion soup, crab cakes and crembrule. A must eat. They have entertainment on Friday and Saturday. Its downtown inside the Weatherford Hotel on Leroux St(sp?) Also remember about downtown. San Franscico St goes South(or UP)into downtown and Beaver St goes Northe (down). They are one way streets!! Leroux (sp?) St goes both ways and is inbetween them but there is no light. Go up San Franscico theres a light and then pick a street and spot. Best bet is to park up a few blocks (alphabetical Aspen, birch, cherry dale those are also one way streets) and walk down. Good exercise.

And watch out for altitude sickness and dehydration especially with alcohol. If you are from sea level and can dring 4-5 beers might only be able to do 1-2 up here. Go to webmd.com for a listing on altitude sickness.

I hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night life for the not so young

oh duh country western. Yes there is the Museum Club (the zoo) but it is extremely crouded and noisy. Mostly a hand out for the college studends from the university. You might like Black Barts which is off of I-40. They have a dinner theater.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,642 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night life for the not so young

I agree with Horemsne's Lodge. Had a scrumptious dinner there after a long day hiking at the Grand Canyon, and the horseback ladies in the parkng lot (I ride too) were an added bonus.

Hope you have a great time!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night life for the not so young

gees I had a hard time spelling yesterday. Hope you can read my typoneese.

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Night life for the not so young

Kittygal and Dragonflylady,

Thank you for your input I have printed your suggestions off and put in my folder to take with us. Once again thank you

Ivor