We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

little america inn??

UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
little america inn??

My Fiance and I were excited to be staying at Little America for the first week of our honeymoon - on the website it looks great! Then I started reading reviews, and we're a bit worried.

What's it like? Is it honeymoon material? Or is there someplace better?

Thanks!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: little america inn??

Well, though I like Little America for its very large, clean rooms, attractive setting (ask for a pool view roon), and pleasent staff, it's not my idea of a honeymoon spot. The red velvet rooms always made me think of a bordello. The hotel is just off an interstate highway and a fair number of truckers are there, tour groups and families. It's an upscale motel, not a real hotel. The Residence Inn is very nice, but again not a honeymoon spot. No disrespect to Flagstaff, but this is not a honeymoon spot.

Take a look at Sedona, especially the B&B's. It has a beautiful location, it's a romantics delight and still near all the Northern AZ sightseeing destinations. Perhaps you could do Monday-Thursday in Sedona and the Flag for the weekend when the rates go way up in Sedona.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,642 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: little america inn??

I agree about Sedona---there are so many beautiful spots to stay there. Either in Sedona or Oak Creek Village---the scenes are beautiful. I was staying for a friend's wedding in Oak Creek and noticed a beautiful looking B and B called the Graham House, or Inn (like the cracker?). It's right below some incredible rockss and has a good view of Bell Rock too. A little out of Sedona, but nice (I had a tour while I was there)

Just got back from Flagstaff. I stayed at The Arizona Sled Dog Inn, about 6 miles out of town in Mountinaire. I'm about to write a review (the ones here are outdated and a little inaccurate, imho). It's a ski lodge type of spot in the midst of incredible scenery, far enough away from town so there are not 100+ train whistles a day. but close enough to get there easily. The inkeepers, Wendy and Jaime, have lots of honeymooners stay. There ARE sled dogs (12 of them) on the property in an outdoor kennel, as they are raised and raced there, but they are far from the house and just add to the atmosphere, I think.

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
565 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: little america inn??

Alright ...Sedona is more of a honeymoon spot BUT Flsg does have great places too. If its not too pricy The Inn At 410 is supposed to be incredible. Its on my list of Band B s to stay at. The little America is nice yet a little on the cold/blah side. But the rooms are real spacious and there are nice views from some of the rooms. It is a little far from everything. Also there is a Raddison there that was just remodeled. But if you do Sedona stay at The Enchantment for atleast one night.....you will remember it in your dreams forever. Or you can get a little cottage/cabin of yoyr own at The Briar patch Inn at Oak Creek . Its right on the creek and absolutely dreamy too. Congrats and have fun. For sure check out Flagstaff ...it is a town with character.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: little america inn??

I use to work at Little America and its ok but I wouldn't do my honeymoon there. I don't want to give a negative for Little America but I'd reconsider. Its also a truck stop and is very busy. I agree I would do Sedona. They are much more homeymoon worthy. Its just apsolutely beautiful.

Please check out these web sites.

http://www.sedonaarizona.com. lAlso check out http://www.sedona.net/ Also you could do your honey moon at the Grand Canyon.

Flagstaff is beautiful but do Sedona and then come up for a day trip.

Hope that helps.