We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay...

Housto, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay...

My family and I will be driving through Flagstaff on our way to California and were wondering where to stay in Flagstaff (or surrounding areas) for one night. Something around $100 or less since we will only be sleeping there. Any suggestions would be helpful, thank you.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,262 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay...

The best answer to your question is to use some online travel services such as TA, Travelocity. etc., to find a place to stay.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay...

There are tons of places. If you don't mind a training facility the INN at NAU is fantastic. Its on campus but you can walk downtown from there if you wanted to. Embassy Suites are nice. The Hilton by the walmart is a nice place. There are a ton of places off of Lucky lane that are ok but not my favorite location and they are closer to the tracks.

ON my go list there is a discovery map with hotel listings.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3541-Northern_…

Housto, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay...

Thanks for the help. Starting to research on TA to find which hotels people prefer. I just want to planning to be over so we can go on the trip, ha.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay...

The Hampton Inn at I-40/I-17 was quiet and comfortable when we stayed there and convenient to dining, shopping and of course the interstate. Be sure to request a room in the front of the building as the rooms in the back could be a little noisy. The hotel is well away from the very busy train tracks in the downtown area of Flagstaff.

tucson
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay...

hi,

You may have already traveled through Flag, but I would still like to recommend a motel that I like. The Inn Suites on Route 66. Now, maybe I am weird, but I think it is a great value. For around $100.00 you can actually get a 2 room suite. It is called a family executive suite and it is 2 hotel rooms connected with a door. Now the motel is a renovated Route 66 motel so take it for its charm. The rooms are surprisingly nicer than most of the Route 66 motels ( actually I would give it a high 6 to 7 on a 10 scale ), but then I am a Denny's - Target kinda person. One room has either a king or 2 queens beds that are extremely comfy, and the other room has a couch and a king bed. 2 microwaves, 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs and a door between you and the kids ( my favorite part). Also, the best part is a hot free breakfast in a little building right on Route 66. The breakfast is pretty good ( much better than best western / travelodge bagels and juice ) It has good eats...scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, cereal, toast and make your own waffels (sorry no bacon or sausage). It has a guy there that actually monitors it and restocks! I have traveled a bit and usually get to the continental breakfast a little late and go away with nothing. You have to go to Inn Suites website directly. I can not seem to find it on expedia or other hotel booking sites anymore. And the bigger room is called the family executive suite.

Enjoy Flag!

ninerbug

6. Re: Where to stay...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 04, 2009