We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Help?? 50th Wedding Annisersary Dinner

Danbury, CT
Level Contributor
19 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Help?? 50th Wedding Annisersary Dinner

Hello Fellow Trip Advisors

I need restaurant suggestions for a dinner celebration for my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary on Saturday, November 30th. I'm not familiar with the restaurants in Scranton Area. So far I'm considering:POSH at Scranton Club.

Mentioned in this post
Scranton
Scranton
Pennsylvania
Mt.Cobb PA
Level Contributor
28 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Help?? 50th Wedding Annisersary Dinner

Posh is a great choice if you need to actually be in Scranton. North of Scranton, just outside of Clarks Summit on Rt .6&11 is Patsel's, which is one of the few that earned the AAA 4 Diamond rating (they will be closing at the end of August 2014). South and East of Scranton on Rt. 590 (Moscow) is My Brother's Place, a AAA 3 Diamond rating. Perhaps not as fancy as Posh or Patsel's, but great food. We've had several celebration dinners here and our guests have not been disappointed. We kind of like the older, darker interior decor and feel. Good luck with your selection and hope you enjoy your celebration!

Mentioned in this post
POSH at Scranton Club
POSH at Scranton Club
222 Reviews
Scranton, PA
Scranton
Scranton
Pennsylvania
Danbury, CT
Level Contributor
19 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Help?? 50th Wedding Annisersary Dinner

Hello Thetanvanman!

I really like your suggestions, now I'm considering My Brother Place Moscow, PA It seem wonderful and the location is near to my Aunt House in South Canaan, Pa. prior to this, I was leaning towards Sibio's Italian Restaurant Dunmore, PA. Now I'm confused! Have you been to Sibio's?

Mt.Cobb PA
Level Contributor
28 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Help?? 50th Wedding Annisersary Dinner

Quite ironic that you mention Sibio's. I was wondering Sunday morning if they were still in business as I thinking about giving them a try myself if they are still open. All I can say is if you have read their reviews, some have concerns about a supposedly tight seating area in the dining room. I've been in places like this and it is very annoying. Enjoy that dinner wherever it may occur!!!

Danbury, CT
Level Contributor
19 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Help?? 50th Wedding Annisersary Dinner

One of my main reasons for picking Sibio's was the menu has a great variety of choices. Made reservations for 5pm and asked for private table.Once again thanks for your help and I will posted my review on this restaurant.

5. Re: Restaurant Help?? 50th Wedding Annisersary Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, July 05, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Scranton