We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years in Scranton?

Which Scranton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
New Years in Scranton?

We are looking for a cool place to visit for New Years. We like the first night celebrations in other cities..do you think Scranton would be a fun place to spend New Years?

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years in Scranton?

yES i went last year with my 3 kids and we all loved it. We usually go other places during x-mas vacation, so this was a nice change and we were glad that we did. We stayed at Hampton at Montage. It was great, the whole hotel had a view of the ski mountain and they have a nice lobby again overlooking mountain with free drinks where alot of people & families gather. There was a nice restaurant (Marvelous Muggs right in walking distance). They have other restaurants within less than a mile away, Shoppes at Montage, and of course skiing which was only a mile or two away. There is Steamtown mall a few miles away and some other stuff to do in the area. Im sure there must be some events planned (not sure which hotel you are looking at but the Hampton was like i said only 1-2 miles from the slopes if that is your main reason of going or want a scenic view. There are other hotels which are a few miles away but personally we were glad we stayed where we did.

By the way are you single, married, with kids?????

NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years in Scranton?

Thanks for the input! There are 5 of us, 1 married couple, 1 engaged couple and 1 single woman. So, we're trying to find something that will have a singles scene element too...

I have never been to Scranton. We are just looking for something new to try.

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years in Scranton?

What are you looking to do in scranton on New Years? There are alot of places in Scranton to party

4. Re: New Years in Scranton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, October 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Scranton