We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caverns near Scranton

Toms River
7 posts
Save Topic
Caverns near Scranton

Hi, planning a stop in Scranton on our way back from Niagara Falls...are there any caverns to tour...or waterparks?

Thanks...

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caverns near Scranton

The closest "cavern-like" place in Scranton that I am aware of is Lackawanna Coal Mine. I highly recommend it. The tour lasts about an hour or so, and the guides really do a great job of explaning the mining industry and tools that are used in the field.

As for waterparks, I hear there is a a terrific one in Scotrun called Great Wolf Lodge. My neighbors have visited here and loved it. You can stay at the hotel and the indoor waterpark is included in the rate. It's not cheap, however. The Scranton area would not be that far from Scotrun.

Have a great trip.

2. Re: Caverns near Scranton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Scranton