We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How safe is the Amtrak Station here?

Worcester...
2 posts
Save Topic
How safe is the Amtrak Station here?

I heard that the area is not very safe in Springfield and was hoping for some concrete details. I know that most accidents are when people are asking for it (like wandering the streets late at night). I'm planning a trip home for a friend from Worcester to NYC and the lay over is only 40 minutes in Springfield but my only concern is that she'll be a target somehow and that last thing I would want to hear is how something awful happened to her. Any information of the state of the station and the area around it would be appreciated. I checked around earlier but the reports are a few years old and things change. Thank you and have a nice day.

Edited: 9:17 am, October 16, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Worcester
Worcester
Massachusetts
USA
Level Contributor
7 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How safe is the Amtrak Station here?

I have used the Amtrak station many times and if she stays in the station, she will be fine. I would not recommend going downstairs to the street level and wandering around at night. What time is her layover?

South Hadley,MA
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How safe is the Amtrak Station here?

Be advised that Amtrak Police have a station at the Springfield Terminal. I've been there late at night and never had problems.

3. Re: How safe is the Amtrak Station here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, April 09, 2014