We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

Noblesville, In
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

Planning a trip with 6 guys to Sitka for July/August 2013 to do some salmon/halibut/etc. fishing. Would like some "experienced opinions" on which Sitka Charters are the best and putting customers on the fish, lodging and customer service. Would like to narrow it down to the top 5 to make an educated choice from. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Sitka
Sitka
Alaska
Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,273 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

And who do you think ranks fishing charters in Alaska? It's not like there is a sportsman association that votes each year on them or anything. I can recommend some good guys, but no way can I "rank" them.

Edited: 7:21 pm, October 18, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,938 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

>>which Sitka Charters are the best

You can check out many of my posts when people ask about the "best" this or 'best" that. It doesn't exist. "Best" is relative and subjective. Why don't you check out the operators on TA and find the top five that way? Personally I hate their ranking of operators based on reviews that are biased and so often bogus. But it might be one way to go about your request.

Mentioned in this post
Sitka
Sitka
Alaska
Noblesville, In
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Noblesville, In
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

Noblesville, In
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,273 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

On a more helpful note, call SItka Fishing Charters and talk to them:

http://sitkacharters.com/

I know lots of charter fisherman and I have yet to meet one that doesn't love his/her job and taking fishing very seriously. Just go for the fishing package that meets your schedule and your budget.

Mentioned in this post
Sitka
Sitka
Alaska
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

My BIL, and several members of his family go to Sitka every year to fish. They go to an all inclusive lodge ... Wild Strawberry. Last yr they flew up on June 22 and stayed for 4 days, limited out each day on halibut and salmon.

Mentioned in this post
Sitka
Sitka
Alaska
Wild Strawberry Lodge
Wild Strawberry Lodge
58 Reviews
Sitka, AK
Noblesville, In
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

@ rainbirdreader, Thank you. I am doing just that, and have been. I just thought other fishermen/women that have used different Sitka charter fishing services might express an opinion. I have talked with several already and they have been very helpful, and I trust them to be honest. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Sitka
Sitka
Alaska
Noblesville, In
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

@ yescanada, Thank you. I will contact Wild strawberry. I've been to their website and TA feedback is positive, from what I have read. Regards.

Mentioned in this post
Wild Strawberry Lodge
Wild Strawberry Lodge
58 Reviews
Sitka, AK
Sitka, Alaska
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Top 5 Sitka Fishing Charters

Generally speaking they are all pretty good. But if it were me, I'd look at the charters with bigger boats as they tend to be the ones that can get out to the fish when conditions aren't perfect. The great thing about Sitka is that when the fishing is good, it's really good. Just about everyone can get out and get a limit without much trouble. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Sitka
Sitka
Alaska
Get answers to your questions about Sitka
;