We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Sequoia-Kings Canyon NP area in Mid March

Which Three Rivers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kearney
Level Contributor
9 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Sequoia-Kings Canyon NP area in Mid March

Looking for a reasonable and comfortable place to lodge for 2 or 3 nights. Anyone have an idea? It doesn't necessarily need to be in the park, but close and scenic. What hikes would you suggest? At this point, will not have snow shoes, but willing to rent.

Malibu, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Sequoia-Kings Canyon NP area in Mid March

hi "cheche32"

what would you consider reasonable, what dates, and how many of you are there? march is a great time to visit actually.

mla

Kearney
Level Contributor
9 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Sequoia-Kings Canyon NP area in Mid March

I am traveling from Nebraska to L.A. to see a friend who lives there. We are roadtripping to Windsor CA, Napa/Sonoma and thought about stopping and spending a couple of days in Sequoia-Kings Canyon. I read lots of poor reviews about the motels in the area and thought that I could get some honest feedback. There are 2 of us. We need 2 beds.

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Sequoia-Kings Canyon NP area in Mid March

I've always stayed at the Buckeye Tree Lodge and have been satisfied every time.

When you look at the map this town is at the entrance to the NP. However, to enter the park takes a slow hour on the switchback road climbing several thousand feet elevation.

You will most likely encounter snow and fog. Adjacent to the main visitor center is a paved handicap trail through a fantastic Sequoia grove. I wear regular hiking shoes for this. I'm afraid of getting lost on any other snow covered trail.

Call on the phone a few days before you go to find if there's snow, and if so, which roads have been cleared.

Level Contributor
32,811 posts
863 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Sequoia-Kings Canyon NP area in Mid March

Consider the Sequoia-Montecito Resort in the park. The resort is very nice with many activities to choose from. There are 3 buffet meals included with your stay, there is also a jacuzzi on-site and a nice little lake there to relax by. The staff is very friendly and would be glad to help you with hikes around the resort and the park. Have fun! :)

Kearney
Level Contributor
9 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Sequoia-Kings Canyon NP area in Mid March

Great ideas. I will explore them and make a decision as to where to stay the 1 or 2 nights.

Sierra Nevadas
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Sequoia-Kings Canyon NP area in Mid March

Sequoia River Dance Bed and Breakfast is in Three Rivers and has a lovely riverfront setting. Rooms are about $95.00, including a good breakfast. Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor.

7. Re: Going to Sequoia-Kings Canyon NP area in Mid March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, August 27, 2009