We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

Texas, USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

Hi, has anyone won a bid a room at the above. I have researched and cannot find anyone posting about it. I have my suspects, but no confirmation.

Thanks!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

First... you, have to tell we here, your real name ... carracar

Texas, USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

Carlos Danger.

Atascadero...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

You left a lot of guesswork to everybody, but I'd have to admit that the whole filet mignon taste on a hamburger budget mentality makes me sadistically wish for folks working that angle to get the worst room and service available at the property they are trying to skimp on.

Don't know what kind of business or industry you work in, but think about how you'd feel if the option to nickle and dime you as an employee or owner was available to all of your customers and they took full advantage of it. Hospitality workers who rely on tips and gratuities end up getting the short end of the stick even at high end properties if the management oversells highly discounted rooms too often and attract too high of a percentage of "bottom feeders" who are also typically notoriously bad tippers.

You also didn't mention dates or time of year, but I can only imagine its at the high point of the busy season.

Texas, USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

That's really helpful. I'm so looking forward to meeting more like yourself.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

"Carlos"... I do hope you are able to book a suitable accommodation at the price point desired... Your desired dates may well, determine the depth of discount offered... I suspect the property in question is on Washington St. adjacent to, but not "on" the Plaza... Should you visit Santa Fe be assured that the vast majority of those here involved in the "hospitality industry" realize value shoppers, are the heart and soul of what the town offers services to... Hope to see you soon ... carracar

Edited: 10:17 am, August 06, 2013
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

I know that on many TA sites, there is ample guessing about Priceline, etc. It is common on the NYC site and members are happy to speculate. I would say in Santa Fe any 4.5 star is a good place and most likely near the Plaza.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

It might be Inn on the Alameda. I just saw it rated 4.5 stars. Its a nice place.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

not however, "in" the Plaza ...carracar

Edited: 10:23 pm, August 07, 2013
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

Carracar: You know there are no hotels "in" the Plaza! You know that La Fonda is the closest, on the corner across. : )

Texas, USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Priceline secret 4.5* hotel in the Santa Fe Plaza

Thank you very much for your very kind post.

Yes, I mislabeled the Area as "in" the Plaza. It should be "Plaza Area."

I cannot find a hotel on Washington Street that has a pool. The amenities are listed as:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Free Breakfast

Business Center

guest review score 9.0 or higherGuest Review Score 9.0 or Higher