We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

small hotel or B&B in Santa Fe

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lou
charlton, ma
Level Contributor
186 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
small hotel or B&B in Santa Fe

On our October trip, we will be spending 3-4 nights in Santa Fe. I would like suggestions for a small hotel or B&B that will give us the real Santa Fe/Southwest feel without breaking the bank. I am aware of all the chain hotels that are availble - I'd rather not do one of those. Does anyone have a favorite?? And if you do, what makes it your favorite?

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: small hotel or B&B in Santa Fe

We really enjoy Casa Pueblo. I'ts just a couple blocks off the plaza, has a nice breakfast, waffles, pastries, fruit etc... and free parking. The rooms are comfortable and decorated in a Santa Fe style and the staff is very friendly. They are listed on Tripadvisor under Inns/B&B. Have fun on your visit. DM

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: small hotel or B&B in Santa Fe

Choose a B&B that is within walking distance tot he Plaza and look for one that is owner run and occupied. That is your best bet for experiencing the real Santa Fe while getting the best value for your $$.

lou
charlton, ma
Level Contributor
186 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: small hotel or B&B in Santa Fe

Thanks for your suggestions!! I would like to make my reservations this weekend, so these tips come in handy!

Level Contributor
669 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: small hotel or B&B in Santa Fe

I like Las Palomas for a B & B.....it's walking distance to the plaza and have great breakfast. They have rooms with fireplaces yet the rates are better than some of the other downtown hotels.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: small hotel or B&B in Santa Fe

Pueblo Bonito fits the bill! Check out their website...http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3956-Santa_Fe_weekend_A_different_view_of.html

California
Level Contributor
324 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: small hotel or B&B in Santa Fe

I do have a favorite and we're about to go back for our 4th trip to the Galisteo Inn (www.galisteoinn.com) but it's not in Santa Fe proper. It's about 15 mins. outside. But it's a true New Mexican southwestern hacienda. Doesn't get any more authentic than this if you can do without spa tubs and valet parking (they do have TVs with satellite, however, and an excellent restaurant).

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: small hotel or B&B in Santa Fe

Galisteo Inn *is* amazing! And they do have a hot tub and a sauna :)http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3956-Santa_Fe_weekend_A_different_view_of.html

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: small hotel or B&B in Santa Fe

I suggest you stay within easy walking distance of the plaza. Have you read the hotel and B & B reviews on this forum?

Have a great trip!

9. Re: small hotel or B&B in Santa Fe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 16, 2009