We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less pricey food?/ Day spa choice and moderate shopping?

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amarillo, TX
Level Contributor
18 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Less pricey food?/ Day spa choice and moderate shopping?

I would like suggestions for food, shopping and the day spa choice. My boyfreind and I are going to celebrate an anniversary. We have both been before. Recently, we came on an unplanned trip and stayed at El Rey, which was great by the way. This time we are doing a condo type place called Fort Marcy. Has anyone stayed in room 34?:

The last restaurant that we ate at was an expensive Italian one reccomended by the El Rey staff. Way too much for the food and it was close to $90 for two of us to eat. Not worth it.

Please suggest food places, some shpping that is not boutique pricey and then a day spa as well! Thanks. I write lots of reviews for trip advisor.

Amarillo, TX
Level Contributor
18 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Less pricey food?/ Day spa choice and moderate shopping?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Amarillo, TX
Level Contributor
18 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Less pricey food?/ Day spa choice and moderate shopping?

Many thanks for your helpful response!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,714 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Less pricey food?/ Day spa choice and moderate shopping?

Everything mentioned is in Santa Fe. A small city of about 70,000. Check www.santafe.org for tons of info.

Shopping: Kitchen - Las Cosas in De Vargas Mall, Chocolate - Kakawa, Paper/cards - Marcy Street Card Shop. Other places to shop include the Museum Shops at the state museums, under the Portal at the Palace of the Governors

Amarillo, TX
Level Contributor
18 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Less pricey food?/ Day spa choice and moderate shopping?

Hi everyone! Thanks for responding about my questions for food, the day spa and shopping.

One more. I went to 10,000 waves to see what they offer. For some of you seasoned spa goers, what do you receomend? My boyfriend and I would like a private bath, I think. But there are many options past that. We have been to a hotel hot tub or had a room with a whirlpool in it. Can you tell us the difference in this experience. I am sure it is much better! what minerals or extra things are in the water? Thanks!

West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Less pricey food?/ Day spa choice and moderate shopping?

As far as 10,000 Waves, these are not mineral springs so there is nothing extra in the water. The benefit is both the ambience and the 'extras'. For instance I generally book Shoji or Waterfall at 10,000 Waves. These are premium baths. They each include not only a tub or pool with jacuzzi jets, but also a sauna, a cold plunge and places to just lounge. Moving between these is a great experience and the cold plunge will cause you to release endorphins. The private baths are outside and yet fully private.

For the best enjoyment, I recommend upgrading to at least the premium baths and to do so for 85 minutes (not just 55). You'll be more relaxed.

In addition to the baths, you can avail yourself of massage services. I have really enjoyed the combo service "The Natural". Plus I upgrade to Shoji and to 85 minutes. Read through the different descriptions and just go with what appeals to you. It'll be bliss!

Keith

New Mexico
Level Contributor
848 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Less pricey food?/ Day spa choice and moderate shopping?

Be sure to look at Ten Thousand Waves Facebook page. They are offering a coupon. One for Oct and another for Nov/Dec.

17. Re: Less pricey food?/ Day spa choice and moderate shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 15, 2013