We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

b&b in santa fe`

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
b&b in santa fe`

El Farolito or Inn of the Five Graces?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: b&b in santa fe`

Also, which is closer to town?

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: b&b in santa fe`

Oh MY - no contest! Inn of five graces.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: b&b in santa fe`

Thanks! Do you have any info. on Inn of the Anazazi?

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: b&b in santa fe`

Anasazi is beautiful - very pricey! Great location, good food (they just aquired a famous Santa Fe Chef, Martin Rios.) I ate his food at the Eldorado last year - I was moderately impressed. Don't mean to be a snob, I am just not sure how creative a Chef can really be at a hotel restaurant. On the other hand, Santa Fe can sure surprise you with the quality of food you can find at the downtown hotels. Good luck with your choice - 5 graces would still be mine, of the three. I have other favorites too, but too many choices can be a bad thing....

Atascadero...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: b&b in santa fe`

I'm somewhat curious about something if its ok to ask. I guess anyone could pipe in with answers to my questions.

I own a B&B in the Santa Fe area so I'll not be weighing in with a recommendation but obviously am interested how travelers choose where to stay.

I will only say that you could hardly go wrong with any of your choices so far.

You've titled your query "B&B in Santa Fe" and asked for comparative opinions.

The three establishments you've listed are radically different from each other in so many ways, I'm not sure how anyone could compare them.

One isn't even a B&B and has 57 rooms, another has 22 suites with the average suite running $350 per night, is owned by a corporate hospitality chain and the third appears to be an actual, real-life, locally owned B&B with mid-range rates, long running history, etc..

Not making a judgement here, just pointing out the difficulty that someone might have making an apples to apples comparative recomendation for you.

I know when I go out to eat, that my expectations elevate with every incremental increase in the average entree price, dress code, amenities, etc.

So I wonder if travelers seeking lodging view things similarly.

If all three options you are considering were priced identically, what else would go into your decision making "wish list" so to speak?

Good luck on your decision and hope you have an enjoyable stay in our fine area.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: b&b in santa fe`

You're right. I should have more correctly asked for experiences, positive or negative, pertaining to the afore mentioned different types of lodging.

My husband and I have never been to Santa Fe before and are both impressed and also not entirely sure which type of experience we would rather have; inn, hotel or B&B.

We are very much looking forward, whichever type of lodging we do choose, to our trip to Santa Fe.

New York
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: b&b in santa fe`

Does this guy get paid by the inn of the five graces?? He stated the Inn of the Anasazi was "pricey".... but didn't mention same quality about the Inn of the Five graces! They are equal in regard to price. I believe the Inn of the Five Graces even has an accomodation for $1000/night?? Check them out on the internet! Both these are very pricey and very nice if you're looking for this type of high priced lodging establishment- either I believe you'd love and be very happy with at that price. The Inn of the Anasazi is about 20 steps from the plaza!! Beware of who's answering these form questions!

Atascadero...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: b&b in santa fe`

I'm not sure who the last poster is referring to, but if its me, I can assure you I have no connection to any of the properties being inquired about.

I thought I was fairly careful and well-stated about not making any recommmendation for any of them in fact.

I own a B&B in the Santa Fe (not even within city limits) area and have been posting helpful opinions and recommendations for a while here and have never wavered in my integrity or ethics about adhering to the guidelines on this board.

That is one of the reasons the good people at tripadvisor saw fit to invite me to become a "local expert".

Despite being allowed to mention my inn's name if asked or in general, I have never done so and aren't here to steer anyone anywhere except to the type of place people's questions lead.

I think you may have misconstrued my intent about highlighting the contrasts in the aforementioned properties.

Atascadero...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: b&b in santa fe`

unbiasedinNY,

It wasn't until I read backwards and saw the other posts in total that I spotted the "very pricey" description by another poster you alluded to.

If I assumed in any way you were referring to me in your condemnation and warning, I apologize for my defensive response.

Level Contributor
669 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: b&b in santa fe`

Fives Graces is very nice....if the rates are too much then i woud sggest Las Palomas B & B.