We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of 3 hotels??

Delaware
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Which of 3 hotels??

We have a group of 16 50ish women who will be visiting Santa Fe in May. The group enjoys spas, art, shopping and restaurants.

We also enjoy having a place where we can have drinks before dinner each evening. There are three hotels under consideration and we need to decide soon. I am hoping that some of you will be able to tell us the differences and help us make the selection. They are the Eldorado, Inn at Loretto and La Posada. We were sold on La Posada but then read all the bad reviews so opened it up to consider all three of these. Please advise.\

Thanks.

Oakville,Ontario Can
Level Contributor
134 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of 3 hotels??

my friend and I stayed for a week at the Eldorado in Sept. It is clean, comfy and has the bonus of a pool on the roof. The rooms are nicely decorated but I have to say they are just "a hotel room" and nothing out of the ordinary though. We liked the lobby because it was large and comfortable and there was live music; sometimes REALLY good music! One feelsl pretty anonymous in a large hotel and if you feel like something smaller and more personable you may want to look elsewhere. We didn't stay at the Loretto but walked around the lobby. It's big and impressive; probably much the same experience as The Eldorado. We were annoyed at the valet parking in the Eldorado though as we were on a very tight budget and it cost alot to have to tip the fellows and not be able to just jump in your car and go. You have to call ahead and get them to bring it to the garage. Many people wouldn't find that at all annoying though. You can definatley have drinks in the lobby before dinner and it is in a very good location...right by the plaza; easy to find as it is one of the tallest buildings around. If I were going with my 50ish friends I would head for a bed and breakfast as there are so many fabulous ones to choose from with great rates, lovely decor, close to the main square and so many are run by fabululous people who are eager to make your stay the best. If your budget would allow, the Inn of the Annassazi is to DIE FOR!

Oakville,Ontario Can
Level Contributor
134 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of 3 hotels??

by the way, didja give any thought to the Inn on the Alameda? We have stayed there a few times and would recommend it over the other hotels you are considering.

Delaware
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of 3 hotels??

Thanks for your comments. We considered Inn at Alameda but since it didn't seem to have a full service spa, it was ruled out. I have seen very good reviews on it.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of 3 hotels??

Of the hotels that you are deciding between, I would suggest the Inn at Loretto. It is an excellent hotel that I think you would enjoy staying at. It has a bar, spa, outdoor pool, helpful staff members, and clean, spacious rooms. The Inn at Loretto is ideally located near many shops and restaurants and is not quite as expensive as other similiar hotels nearby are. I have heard that the concierge of this hotel is very helpful and friendly, as well as the staff at the front desk. I believe that the Inn at Loretto would the perfect place for you to stay. Have a good time and enjoy your stay =:)

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which of 3 hotels??

I have to agree with the person who recommended Inn at Loretto. I am a local person who puts all my guests up at this hotel. In the heart of all the downtown galleries and museums. Close to Canyon Road.

Amazing (and I mean stellar!) spa, good restaurant, big cozy fireplace in the bar, great live music in the bar most evenings. You really can't miss with this choice. Good luck

Edgewood, New Mexico
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which of 3 hotels??

I have to agree with Liquorice, but people should know that the basic room at Inn at Loretto is closet-like. It's the nature of Santa Fe, to be close to plaza the standard room is small. Get an upgraded room if you can afford to; this makes for happier travellers.

Re: LaPosado--there is nothing standard about their basic rooms, odd shapes, different configurations, and, speaking of closet-space, closets are just about non-existent at La Posado. The restaurant El Fuego, is consistently fabulous, but the rooms and housekeeping are inconsistent.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which of 3 hotels??

We would suggest either the Inn of the Anasazi, or even La Fonda. Lots of folks complain about La Fonda's rooms being too small, but theyre not that bad. And especially in cold weather, you don't have to walk far to get to the French Bakery in the LaFonda building, and the evening music shows and free snacks.

Delaware
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which of 3 hotels??

Thanks to everyone for your ideas. We have chosen the Inn at Loretto.

Denver colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which of 3 hotels??

I was in SF with my 65 year old active mother, along with others, staying in the Eldorado. It was rec'd to us by my cousin (50ish) who comes to SF several times a year. We were impressed by the management's flexibility, the cleanliness, the spa experience and the central location. We had planned to stay at La Posada ($450 for 2 bed. suite) but opted for two adjoining rooms at Eldorado for $109 each. What a steal! We were walking around so much exploring that we were only in them in the early evening. Great place to have a drink as there is live entertainment nightly. We did walk by the Inn at Loretto and it is very attractive from the outside and also centrally located. I wish you luck in your decision.