We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Fe dining,beyond the chili

New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Fe dining,beyond the chili

The title of the article I read in the Sunday NY Times this morning. Having visited SF this Oct. it peaked my interest. In a nutshell the writer said "there are small places that don't advertise, that develop undercover reputations among those in the know who pass through or live in the hills around town". The three places were Aqua Santa,Trattoria Nostrani and Kasa Soba. Needless to say they each sounded wonderful.Had I read this before I arrived no doubt I would have tried at least one if not all based on his reviews. Just wondered if anyone from the area would agree?

Santa Fe, NM
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Fe dining,beyond the chili

Trattoria Nostrani has a reputation for having an owner who is mercurial at best, and many times just rude. The service is good but not great, but the food is quite good.

Aqua Santa is still very much hit or miss, the writer was very obviously there on a good night.

Kasa Soba is the real gem here, sometimes a little too busy so the service suffers, but food is great, attitude is wonderful, and truly worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Trattoria Nostrani
Trattoria Nostrani
93 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM