We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice anniversary dinner

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rogers, MN
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nice anniversary dinner

We are spending our anniversary in Santa Fe the first weekend in October and would like to go out for a nice dinner - good food, good atmosphere but not a "bank breaker" Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
899 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice anniversary dinner

Supposedly Geonimos is the best place in town, but it is also one of the most expensive. It is your anniversary after all, right?? : )

I really enjoy Mudu Noodles if you like very good Thai style food. You can get as dressy or as casual as you like. Dinners are in the $12-18 range. Fuego at La Posada is another great option, or the Old House. The Old House was about $100 for 2 entres, and appetizer and a couple glasses of wine. Skip the Compound as they have lousy service and not soo good food. Very overrated in my opinion. For a great breakfast while you are there without all the wait try the St Francis Hotel.

Happy Anniversary!

Rogers, MN
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice anniversary dinner

Silly - thanks so much for the suggestions and for the wishes. We will probably check out one of these.

Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice anniversary dinner

We've been to a lot of the expensive places, but we keep going back to Los Mayas. It is a very nice place, yet casual to. It is always crowded and a place where a lot of locals like to eat. We have had 2 anniversary dinners there and looking forward to a lot more.

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice anniversary dinner

I just had a friend reccomend Bishops Lodge for an anniversary dinner location. Beautiful views, great food, though a little pricey.

KEO
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
26 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice anniversary dinner

Geronimo is very romantic, park at the bottom or mid-way up Canyon Road and walk up to the restaurant and back, weather permitting of course. Or - have a drink by the fire at the bar at the Inn of Loretto and walk from there.

Santacafe is also very good and romantic.

Regardless, make reservations and tell them it's your anniversary.

Rogers, MN
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice anniversary dinner

Geronimo sounds awesome - thanks to all for the great suggestions.

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
899 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice anniversary dinner

BTW Bajamama, take a trip oveer to La Posada for an after dinner drink (if you drink) or for dessert just to see this place. It has a ton of history and a great ghost story. It's an old victorian style home that has been turned into a lobby, bar, hotel, restaraunt etc., but it still has lots of seperate little rooms you can go into that are so romantic. My favorite is the old cigar room that has old time jazz piped in with a nice little couch. it sounds like a phonograph. The place is worth going to just to do a walk through. It's just a couple of streets over from Geronimos. Have a great time!

NYC
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice anniversary dinner

By NO means stay at La Posada, great to stop in for a drink - but it is a horribly managed property, and unpleasant for overnight stays...

NYC
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice anniversary dinner

But by no means would I or the multiple people I know that have stayed at La Posada recommend it - it is horribly managed!

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
899 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice anniversary dinner

Yeah, like I said nyc, it's a great place for a drink and tapas. settle down now.