We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
58 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

In August, we will be on our 2nd to last day of a 10 day road trip when arriving in Santa Fe and need to find a decent hotel with a pool close to the plaza (if possible). Price isn't a huge issue, have my 4 boys traveling with and a lot of the Inn's seemed more for adults than kids. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've been through Santa Fe several times, but only stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which was okay for a night. Looked at the hotel reviews on TA, can't seem to come up with something good. It will only be for one night.

Thanks!

Rob

Kansas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

Try the Hotel Santa Fe (www.hotelsantafe.com). Walking distance (15 minutes) to the plaza, nice pool for your kids, quiet, elegant grounds. Kids can play in a tepee. No problem parking your car. Delightful hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Santa Fe
Hotel Santa Fe
1,742 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

Better book soon. August is filling up fast. I like the Inn of the Governors, but it wasn't available on the days I was booking. Have also stayed at Pueblo Bonita (a B&B) which I liked very much; also at Alexander's Inn (another B&B where you can book a separate casita). Alexander's has a really good breakfast -- so you can feed the kids very well without having to pay extra. I've heard good thing about Sunterra -- but they may be full-up as well.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Alexander's Inn
Alexander's Inn
95 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Aberdeen, WA
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

I"m also looking for a hotel -- but location is unimportant -- I want a hotel with a great outdoor pool -- nice lawn etc. Any suggestions .. robin

Aberdeen, WA
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

I"m also looking for a hotel -- but location is unimportant -- I want a hotel with a great outdoor pool -- nice lawn etc. Any suggestions .. robin

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

Santa Fe is not a place focused on pools or lawns due to the lack of water. That said, and with children in mind, you can go to the (public) Bicentennial Pool on 1121 Alto. Phone # is 505-955-4779. There are some hotels with outdoor pools, including the Hotel Santa Fe or the Radison, but you will not find extensive outdoor lawn areas. There are also hotels with indoor pools, such as the Courtyard by Marriott.

Mentioned in this post
Alto
Alto
New Mexico
Hotel Santa Fe
Hotel Santa Fe
1,742 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Santa Fe
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

As a local - I would pick Inn and Spa at Loretto. Great outdoor pool, resides in a beautiful sculpture (grass) garden. Pretty kid freindly too. Yummy food in the restaurant.

Rogers, MN
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

Any comments on the Quality Inn or Super 8 - just looking for nothing fancy - only 1 night just to sleep but someplace clean and in a decent part of town. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Quality Inn Santa Fe
Quality Inn Santa Fe
338 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

Bajamama, use Priceline.com

Check out www.biddingfortravel.com to find out how to effectively use Priceline.com At the top of the New Mexico listing, biddingfortravel.com shows you the hotels Priceline uses in Santa Fe--shows the *level of the hotel and its location.

Then go to the biddingfortravel forum and read what bids are currently being accepted for the *level you want in the area you want. Then bid and save money.

Currently the Raddison is going for $55.00 a night (and its at the Plaza) and the Holiday Inn is going for $33.00 a night. Those prices are hard to beat.

Mentioned in this post
New Mexico
New Mexico
United States
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,407 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Santa Fe
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

FYI, the Raddison is nice but NOT at the Plaza. It is about 1 1/2 - 2 miles away and has a shuttle to the Plaza. Anything that is nice and walking distance to the Plaza will be more expensive. I recommend the Raddison becuase it seems clean and has nice facilities, including a bar and the world renowed Maria Benitez Teatro Flamenco. For anyone coming to Santa Fe do not miss this. Check out www.mariabenitez.com.

Mentioned in this post
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,407 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a Hotel in Santa Fe...

Ahhh, live and learn. Somehow I had it in my head that it was pretty close.